Exercise after loop treatment

Hi ladies had loop treatment 4 days ago after my biopsy came back as CIn 2. Felt abit cramps and have watery discharge but feeling really down and low on energy mainly because I cant go to the gym. The nurser told me no exercise for 4 to 6 weeks which gutted me. Anyone know realistically if they healed and could exercise before that? From what I’ve read scab comes off after about 10 days ish and I should know as I’ll get brown/bloody bits. Surely once the scabs off I’m ok. Thanks in advance for any advise kel

I cycle for transport and for fun. I walked instead for the first week and was back on my bike - gently - after a week building up to a normal level of cycling at 3 - 4 weeks. At 6 weeks, I was on a cycling holiday in the Pyrenees.
Having said that, my recovery was pretty much exactly what it says in the leaflets with very little pain after the first day and all bleeding and discharge finished after 3 - 4 weeks. Listen to your body, if it hurts or increases your bleeding then stop.

1 Like

I don’t have any advice to give as I haven’t had this done yet, I’m sorry. But I am commenting so I can see any responses that pop up! I have colposcopy coming up and if I have to have the LLETZ treatment (probably will) I’ve been curious about this as well. I suffer with horrible anxiety and working out daily has been my saving grace for years. I hope your recovery continues to go well and smoothly and you can workout soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I probably did too much too soon and had a urine infection plus a bit of a grim recovery.
I was told not to do yoga but did.
I found if very difficult not to exercise but probably should have behaved myself more in retrospect

1 Like