Escharotic Therapy for HPV

Hello,

I am 34 years old and after have 2 abnormal paps, I was diagnosed with HPV.  I've been looking into different types of treatments and I think I'm leaning more towards Escharotic Therapy because it is natural (they use natural herbs and apply to kill off the bad cells).  I know this is a UK website, but I am located in Maryland in the United States, so I know this is a long shot, but I have located a Naturopathic Doctor nearby that offers this therapy.  Has anyone had this type of treatment, or is also currently thinking about doing this?  Any information would be much appriciated!!!  Thanks in advance!

Hi, I would be very wary of naturopaths’ claims to cure the incurable with natural medicine. Unlike medicines, they don’t have to prove their claims, nor are there any long term studies on these natural treatments.

Have you consulted your doctor/consultant about this? And have you done all your research? I found this article very interesting, saying that this treatment also kills the healthy cells, too. So not indiscriminately. Just like antibiotics that can’t distinguished from the good and bad bacteria.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/escharotic-treatment-for-cervical-dysplasia-a-new-incarnation-of-black-salve/

And this is an opinion from a naturopath herself about the treatment:

https://www.naturopathicdiaries.com/dont-let-naturopath-near-vagina-black-salve-cervical-dysplasia/

It’s more probable that your natural immunity will cure the HPV, than this remedy.

Hi!  Thank you for responding to my post!

I have been researching and I did read both those articles and I'm not really sure what to think about the negative words about the Eschoratic therapy, but to me, I think it sounds better than the cone biopsys or the LEEP.  I am hoping to find someone who has personally done the Escharotic Therapy that could tell me how they felt about it and what the outcome of the therapy has been.  Or anyone else that is considering it that could tell me what is making them lean towards this over the other types of procedures?

I did a bit more research on the Escharotic Therapy and I did read the articles in the links sent to me by reply of this post.  I found that the woman who wrote the negative post was a naturopathic doctor who no longer practices and now writes articles on the internet saying many negative things about naturopathy all around.  I will not base my choices on one article written by a woman who seems bitter from her own experinces.  I found another website- inspire.com where I read many positve things about Escharotic Therapy and I have decided to move forward!  I have scheduled an appointment at Integrative Medicine of Frederick in Elkridge, MD and am excited to meet with the Naturopatic Doctor there to get more in-depth information.  I will post an update after my appointment!

1 Like

hi Kristina,

im from nyc and I am also seeking Escharotic Therapy. I read this bad articles online as well, but I really doubt it. I have done 2 LEEPs  already, and I don’t find point to do a third one , because it’s obvious not working for me.... Do you find any success from Escharotic treatment? Please let me know!

thank you very much!

R

Hi Rourou and Kristine,

Do either of you have an update about the escharotic treatment and if it worked for you?  I've seen a regular OBGYN who recommended a LEEP for my CIN2 / HPV18 and then today a naturopath who recommended the escharotic.  I actually had one treatment done today but trying to decide if I want to continue. 

Just looking for some gals with actual experience with these treatments. :-) 

thank you!

Do it!!! And take the vitamins! I was diagnosed last january(2019) with CIN III and did a lot of research and decided that the Leep just seemed to invasive for me. I did the escharotic treatment for I think it was 12 sessions finishing in July 2019 and I just received my results for my pap last month and I'm HPV and Cervical Dysplasia Free! I had a completely normal pap. At the place I did it in Chicago they take photos during each session so you really get to see your progress. It was a bit of a pricey process and I was lucky my mum helped me out but if you have the means I really think it's the way to go. I was really skeptical myself and was terrified to take my pap last but it was a very very very good day when I got my results back. 

2 Likes

Escharotics work!!! And take the vitamins! I was diagnosed last january(2019) with CIN III and did a lot of research and decided that the Leep just seemed to invasive for me. I did the escharotic treatment for I think it was 12 sessions finishing in July 2019 and I just received my results for my pap last month and I'm HPV and Cervical Dysplasia Free! I had a completely normal pap. At the place I did it in Chicago they take photos during each session so you really get to see your progress. It was a bit of a pricey process and I was lucky my mum helped me out but if you have the means I really think it's the way to go. I was really skeptical myself and was terrified to take my pap last but it was a very very very good day when I got my results back. 

1 Like

Hi, where are you getting them done? I am thinking about traveling to Connecticut to get the treatments. I will have to take out a loan as the treatments will cost me like $3,000 and that's not including the travel ticket plus stay and food. 

Did you get them done at Brannick? Because I have family in chicago and it will be much easier and cheaper for me to just go there plus the treatments there are less pricey than in Connecticut. However I have read bad reviews about Dr. Brannick and the way they go about the treatments being painful since they don't wash you with calendula after applying the mixture and just wiping it out with paper. Can you please share your experience? Connecticut is so so much more expensive I will have to take out a loan.