Endocervical adenocarcinoma

Well my many biopsies came back malignant. My gynecologist wasn't able to stage it during the colposcopy, she said the oncologist would do more investigations to do the staging because I have some symptoms that involve my bladder which needs to be investigated.

I'm freaking out but also oddly numb. This was the last thing I expected, I have always been good with getting regular pap tests.

I have no idea what to expept at this point. Wondering if anyone can share their experience with the tests for staging? 

I have a nerve pain disorder so I have blood tests regularly, how was it missed? I was always told the blood would show sickness so I'm surprised to have malignant tumors and have my blood be normal.

Sorry for the rant, I have so many thoughts and I wanted to talk to my mom but she's in denial, hard core yelled at me for saying I have cancer denial, so I figured I would find somewhere to talk and I found this forum. 

Hi Snowlily,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and not having the support you need from your mum. This forum has been a life line to me, I hope you can feel well supported here too.

Good luck with your apartment next week. Let us know how you get on.

Xx

Hi Snowlily

I was diagnosed with endocervical adenocarcinoma in April 2020. I had a clear smear in the November 2019 and November 2018(although was HPV positive).I didn't know at the time but adenocarcinoma is harder to detect in a smear as it grows so far up the cervix. I also had bloods taken in the January 2020 which came back ok. I don't think they can pick up cervical cancer on a blood test. I know my blood is tested for my CA125 level now, but this has to be specifically requested and its not always reliable for cervical cancer. 

With regards to staging, I ended up having a MRI scan then a hysteroscopcy. I'd also had a scan before this. Due to my cancer being so high up in my cervix they wasn't sure after the MRI scan if it originated in the cervix or uterus but normally I think you only have a MRI scan.

My mum was besides herself when I was diagnosed but she came around, just give her some time. 

Hope your appointment went OK yesterday as well as any cancer appointment can go.

If you want to chat drop me a message.

X

Hi, how did your appointment go?