emotionally drained and painful sex

Hi there,
I am new here. Im 27 and am feeling very emotional and distressed right now.

• I’ve had my first smear test a couple of months ago, then two biopsies which conformed: severe dyskaryosis - CIN3 - HPV. This came as a complete shock to me.
    I was told I need to have a Leep/Lletz procedure as soon as possible. Which I had about 5 weeks ago on August 12th.
    I won’t go into too much detail but I will say the procedure itself for me was very painful and brough on a really bad panic attack. :frowning:

However to my surprise ive not had much bleeding afterwards, just little discharge like pinkish water. But no pain at all! :slight_smile:

My period came a few days ago, it was a little late but not too bad, very short though. Assuming it all healed I’ve finally decided to give the (no pad) a go yesterday and today and see if there is anymore bleeding or discharge… Seeing as there was nothing, I called doctor and confirmed it was ok to have sex with a condom.

So, tonight me and my husband decided to have sex but take it slow. However I felt pain and discomfort. Not like a pain deep inside… Just a really uncomfortable rubbing kind of pain… Sorry for TMI just don’t know how else to explain… We used lube but it didn’t help at all… it just got to the point that we had to stop.

I couldn’t enjoy sex with my husband at all… I didn’t feel any pleasure whatsoever from it other than scratching kind of pain and it left me very emotional after…

I dont know if the lletz has damaged me somehow… Or i was sore from the condom I just felt so confused and worried that i felt pain… This whole ordeal has made me feel quite depressed and im worried that the passion we once had is gone… As I have never had such unattached and unpleasurable sex with my husband before… Not sure if I should call doctor and ask if this is normal or wait and see…?

Hi lovely,

Firstly, sending a massive cyber hug to you! I've not had my LLETZ yet but am back on Wednesday due to equipment faults yesterda but I have experienced pain during sex exactly as you described - it's really difficult to put it into words what it feels like but it bloody hurts! Anyway, I spoke with my partner about it and he was understanding and we tried a few different positions and that helped. 

You our can always contact your doctor and ask for some advice but please don't worry that it'll be like this forever because there's always something that can be done. you were probably incredibly tense and worried about it anyway which never helps. 

Take Care xx

Thank you so much for answering and your kind words! I think you were right I must have been very nervious and way too tense.. it sure didn't help! I also for some reason got very emotional and started crying.. I didn't realise how this all would affect me emotionally. Being young, recently relocated to new country with my husband wanting to settle down and have kids however comming out of work for almost a year due to feeling constantly extremely tired, nauseous and experiencing throbbing daily headaches which make it hard to focus or do anything.. all year I've been running to doctors and trying everything to find out what's wrong with me.. then I found out I have cin 3 and hpv and need lletz..

Since the last time I wrote we tried again a couple of times and it's been better now :) big hugs to you too and good luck with your procedure!! Xx