Down in the dumps

Hello,

I felt like I just needed to vent a little bit so I hope no one minds!

I had my colposcopy and Lletz yesterday. It all went as well as it could apparently, and I’ve actually been feeling really positive today. But now I’m in bed and alone with my thoughts I feel terrified :frowning:

I was treated for severe dyskaryosis and glandular abnormalities. She said she could clearly see the area and has removed it all.

I just can’t help thinking that the result is going to come back so much worse and I’m over analysing everything. I have read lots of forums on here and so many women who are going through much tougher times than me absolutely amaze me. Full of positivity and hope. Then here’s me in a right old state when I don’t even know what’s going on yet. I can’t help feel a bit selfish :frowning:

I’ve had a good cry to myself and I do feel a bit better. I’m just sick of people telling me it will be alright and nothing to worry about. I found the whole thing emotionally draining which I’m sure is normal.

The 4 week wait for results is going to be hard as I’m sure it is for everyone.

I don’t know what else to say but felt as though I needed to get my rant out of my system as I feel like I have no one to talk to :frowning:

I’m really trying to keep smiling and positive but when I’m alone it’s difficult.

Thank you for reading and sorry again!

Lots of love xx

Hi Worries

aw I know how you feel to some extent!! I am waiting on biopsy results - 6 weeks next Monday!!!! I am assuming that no news is good news (as good as CIN can be...)

I won't say don't worry because you will worry and it's perfectly normal. Just try not to google (I had a bad day yesterday....googled for 6 hours!!!) if you need a rant then just post on here or message me! I really don't mind listening! 

The night times are the worst for me too. I have been trying to watch a good series on Netflix to take my mind off it and trying to put my phone down! I'm having a glass of wine tonight because I have had a good positive day and I think it'll help me relax :)

If you need a chat then I'm here :)

Hugs worries:) vent away when needed. Hopefully you hear soon! 

Thank you for your kind replies :)

I can't believe you've waited nearly 6 weeks, that seems a bit ridiculous. Have you chased them up? I hope they come back soon for you. 

I'm just not coping very well. I still don't feel well after lletz and I can't help but fear the worst. I'm seeing my gp next Wednesday so I'm going to ask him a few questions and hopefully he can set my mind at rest. 

Lots of love xx 

Hi Worries

6 weeks is crazy...I did give them a ring last week and the lady I spoke to said 6 weeks is normal at the moment. I mean I should be grateful really as I assume if it was anything to really really worry about they would've called me in. I have got to the point now where I don't really mind what the results are - I just want to know!

At the end of the colposcopy the doctor did say it would probably go to MDT meeting because my smear came back severe but he didn't see anything except for a small area of inflammation. I'm not sure how I feel about it and don't feel like I can relax until I get the biopsy results. I feel so silly as there are ladies on here going through so much worse than me but I can't help but feel anxious!

Itll be good for you to see GP. It's always good to be able to ask questions! You probably feel worse after the procedure because you are anxious and worrying too. Try and take your mind off it (easier said than done...) 

Charlene xx

Hello :) 

I still can't believe 6 weeks is normal, I mean I get that they're busy but it still seems such a long time! 

I know what you mean about getting the results, you want them in your hand! 

I hope you get your results soon. I've not even been waiting a week yet and I feel like I'm going crazy already! 

Xx 

Hi!

So it's officially 6 weeks tomorrow since my colposcopy and biopsies! It has actually got to the point where I'm not bothered what the results say - I just want them!!! 

How are you feeling after your treatment? 

Charlene xx