Does the punch biopsy hurt?

Just want to be prepared if so! :grimacing:

1 Like

Opinions vary - the thing is it doesn’t hurt for long. Some women say they can’t feel it - I’m very sensitive and I find the speculum painful as well, so yes, it hurts - but I’m glad to have it because it’s so important to know that we’re healthy (or not, as the case may be). There isn’t a residual pain - so for me it’s more like ‘OW!! That hurt!!!” - and then it’s over. I think the shock is that we’re used to dentists and other things, but having something like that done in your private parts is a bit of a shock the first time! You will be fine. The thing is to try to relax (ha ha) and not be too tense, and just let it happen… xx

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply! Yes defo a squeamishness element when it is down there also, feels so wrong. I am still a little mistrustful of docs saying these things don’t hurt after getting the coil a few years ago haha! Thought it best to ask other women
All the best xxx

1 Like

I was terrified of having my colpo and biopsy taken. In my experience personally it didn’t hurt, but I did feel it. It was more like a quick deep pinch feeling. I did have minor spotting for about 1-2 hours afterwards (only when wiping though, it wasn’t a lot). I had minor cramping the rest of that day, though. But it wasn’t anything terrible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi im 26 and im worried about having a uterus biopsy done on the 13th! I watched the video and read xomments on youtube and they all claimed it was torture and hurt alot. Im just going to pop a ibuprofen 30 mins before my biopsy and take some after . Hope for good results for you

Hi can’t comment on uterus biopsy as i haven’t had it but just to say i had the colposcopy and cervical biopsy a few weeks ago and it was absolutely fine. I know experiences vary but it was over so fast and i didn’t feel it, i wasn’t even sure whether she had done it or not! I think taking a bit of pain relief before is a good idea, thats what i did :slight_smile:
I think making you cough at the same time is quite clever, distracts from the pulling sensation and by the time you have coughed it is over (or was in my experience)
all the best and good luck xxx

1 Like