Doctors don’t seem to be listening

Hi everyone,
I’m looking for some advice.
I’ve been having an annoying back ache probably for about 8 months. Which has slowly got worse. ( I had a scan of back shows nothing wrong with discs etc) Also for this time I hadn’t had a period. Which then on 24th December I had brown type discharge for 3 days maybe some blood too then nothing.
Two weeks later I started bleeding again, started brown, then bright red with a few clots then brown again now to nothing. (Sorry if tmi)
I’m getting random pains in groins and legs and tummy. Something just doesn’t seem right; doctor has looked at cervix and says looks fine but is this enough? I’ve had an ultrasound also to check that side of things. I just feel like I’m going crazy and doctors won’t listen to me.

Hi Cole18 and welcome to Jo’s forum

The brown type discharge followed by a bit of bleeding sounds very much like the irregular periods I had when I was peri-menopausal - I think I even had a few small clots on occasions. Are you possibly in peri-menopause?

I can’t really second guess what underlies your random pains.

I can empathise with the frustration of your situation and I’m sure it would help if you could understand what’s causing your symptoms. Anxiety can exacerbate physical issues but so often our gut feeling tells us when something isn’t right. Maybe get a second opinion from a different doctor?

I’m assuming you are up to date with your smear tests?

x

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response, it seems my periods are irregular yes, especially when I missed one for so long. I’m only 24 years old, so I haven’t been offered a smear test yet. When I went I asked and the doctor said they can’t give me one until 25.
She said the next option would be to be referred to a gynae but this could take months… she said to see if the bleeding stops first which it has but still very strange. Sometimes I’ll wipe and it will be brown. Never had this before.

Hi,

Are you on any contraception? I’ve had this sort of thing before, where I’ve had no periods for months, then some brown discharge (which is often old blood), and this was because of progesterone.

No, not any any contraception either😱