Do I need to take the day off for LLETZ?

Hi guys, I have just had the results of my first smear - high grade dyskaryosis and have my colposcopy booked for 25th Nov, where I assume they will want to do a LLETZ. 

Just wondering if anyone can advise if I need to take the day off for this? I am a student nurse on placement in A&E so would be on my feet for 8 hours, pushing trolleys around, quite physical work etc. My appointment is at 10am and should be in placement 2-9.30pm.

Also will I be okay to go to the appointment by myself? I don't drive so will be getting the train & bus to the hospital.

Sorry if these are silly questions but just can't seem to find the answers anywhere.

Thanks! x

Hi,

I took the rest of the day off after mine - my consultant did check when I got there that I wasn't intending to go to work that day - my app was at 10.30am. They advised me to go home and rest for the rest of the day x

I agree with Furby! Definite rest and relaxation after the procedure!. I've just had mine done on Wednesday, took the day off but was fine to go back the next day!. X 

I agree with Furby! Definite rest and relaxation after the procedure!. I've just had mine done on Wednesday, took the day off but was fine to go back the next day!. X 

Thanks guys I will do that then :)

Did you bring someone with you or go by yourself?

Definitely take the day off afterwards but be prepared that they might not do your treatment on the same day as your colposcopy, not all hospitals do. Some wait until they get your biopsy results from your colposcopy back before they do the treatment x

Definitely rest! I went by myself but on reflection I wish there had been someone with me.

I took my husband, told him he'd have to wait in the waiting room then changed my mind last minute and told him he could come in with me as long as he asked no questions and didn't speak! Lol! It did help to have him there to be honest x

Thanks for all the replies guys :) I've booked the day off but decided to go by myself. I don't drive so will be getting the train so not worried about that. Just so looking forward to it being over but not the waiting for the results bit!

X