Dizziness and off balance

Hiya there ladies...

Im posting on behalf of my mum, she was diagnosed with early stage cervical cancer in July after attending a routine smear then having colopscopy to remove cells..

We were told the news on the Thursday and the operation was scheduled for the monday...As she is 67 the surgeon suggested full radical hystercretomy...She came home on the friday and we were back at the hospital on the thursday where we were giving the great news she was cancer free and operation had been great...Happiest day ever...So we are now 4 weeks post operation and doing great, she is walking outside everyday a little further each day whilst listerning to her body...However just this last week mum has been experincing some bouts of dizziness and feeling off balance,we rang tour oncologist nurse who suggested making an appointment to see our Gp which we did and he thinks its vertigo but also has requested some blood samples..We are going for these on monday to check blood count as they were boarderline after surgery..

On the whole mum is recovering very well and is very upbeat and positive she doesnt let the lack of movement get her down she is taking it each day...I was just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced dizzy spells as such post op...

She is now entering her 5 week post op...

Any help would be greatly appreciated ladies..

Hi Hun glad ure mum got the all clear, I also had hysterectomy for cancer and got the all clear, I'm 8 weeks post op and for the past week I've been dizzy, lightheaded etc I went to docs and was give some tablets, I've got chest pains and shortness of breath as well tho. ive looked up the medication I got but it has a whole load of horrible side effects so I'm holding off taking then ! 

Hopefully your mum gets to the bottom of it and continues to recover well

Ah thank you for your reply...

We have had blood results back and they are all normal...So just a rouch of vertigo....

How soon were you able to drive and exercise?.

Thank you..

Hope your feeling better soon..x

Sorry just seen this, I was driving after 2 weeks and back at the gym after 5 xx