Dizziness after surgery

Im writing this as a daughter whos mother has just gone through a radical hysterectomy..

My mother went for a routine smear in june then was told abnorminal cells were found...Returned to have colopscopy and cells removed...

We were given the devestating news that she had infact early stage cervical cancer...As she is 67 she was given the oprion of a radical hysterectomy ovaries also were removed...

That was 4 weeks ago now and we have had the great news that she is cancer free...Another appointment has been made for December for check up appointment...Since operation Mum has been doing brilliant she can get around brilliant managing daily walks and looks fab...

Doctors are over the moon with her progress however just this last week she has been feeling quite dizzy and feelings of been off balance..We have been in touch with the oncologists nurse who has adviswd us to see our GP to check blood levels as they were boarderline before...

So we went last night to see doctor who thinks it could be vertigo or blood level defficeny...We are back on monday for blood samples...

Did anyone else have these symptoms at all following surgery...Naturally im worried and was just hoping someone could shed a little light whilst were waiting for bllod samples...

Thank you all for any feedback

Hi your mum sounds in a very similar situation to what I've been in...I had a radical hysterectomy with ovaries also removed in may and had quite a few dizzy spells for a few months after! I just put it down to the menopause and my body adjusting..indidnt visit my gp and they seemed to ease however now and again I still get the odd dizzy spell.

hooe your mums feeling better soon 

kay

Thank you for your reply...

How long did you feel dizzy for....She has had blood results back and they are normal...They have given her tablets and she has started to feel a bit better...She also just thinks it her body adjusting to everything...

How long ago did you have your operation?... 

Thabks xx

Hi to be honest I'm still getting dizzy spells and I have one today  in fact! My op was may 16th so just over 4 months ago but its a major op so its going to take a while for us to start to feel anything like normal again I think...good news that her bloods have come back normal! fingers crossed she starts to feel a little better soon..tell her she's not alone there's a lot of amazing ladies in here feeling the same xx

Thank you so much for your replies...Its nice knowing shes not alone..She is feeling alot better,still has the odd funny turn..However knowing her bloods are fine is a huge relief...I think to be honest it could be the body adjusting to everything....You all have been through so much its bound to take time for everything to settle....

i really do appreciate everything its nice for me to receive some feedback to help me also..

xxx