Discharge/HVP/Pain/Borderline - please read and advise!

Hi there I am very new to this so am looking for some friendly help and advice :-)

For the last 3 years I have had on and off borderline changed on smears - never been tested for HPV. been having 6 month/yearly smears. I had a funny feeling something might not be right and delayed my recent smear by 10 months.  Since January I have had on and off what I though was thrush - although it was really offensive smelling. I have self treted with fluconazole @ 4 times in the last 6 weeks. I also started to get a burning type pain during intercourse. I had my smear 2 weeks ago and now have borderline changes and HPV positive - I have been asked to make an appointment for colposcopy at  the end of March.

II am worried the nurse didn't document my symptoms and am worried the symptoms are very concerning, along of course with the result. Can anyone give any advice/reassurance??

Also it is worse if you have a retroverted cervix??

many thansk

Jane x

Hi Jane :-)

I have to say the symptoms do sound much more like thrush than anything more sinister. Don't worry yourself about the nurse not documenting your symptoms, you will have the opportunity to repeat them at your colposcopy appointment.

Sorry I cannot answer the retroverted cervix question, but is what worse?

Be lucky

Tivoli

Thank you Tivoli for your kind and thoughtful reply.

I guess the same as everyone your mind goes into overdrive!! I just wondered if the incidence of Cervical Cancer is higher in women who have a retroverted cervix?

Jane x

No, I think the incidence of cervical cancer is higher in women who smoke a lot and ride around the countryside on bright red motorcycles, though I could be wrong about that second bit ;-)

Be lucky

Tivoli