Wondering if I can have some of your invaluable advice. I am sure I will ramble a little so please excuse me.
I had a colposcopy on 5th May after receiving an abnormal smear (severe Dyskaryosis). I was told I would receive my results in 3 weeks or so but from what he could see I would need a cone biopsy. I received a letter a few days later with a date for my biopsy on 12th June. On Friday 12th May I received a voicemail from the hospital asking me to come in on Tuesday (yesterday) as the Dr wanted to discuss my results with me. I presumed it wouldn't be the best news!!
Anyway, had appointment yesterday and he started off by saying that they had found a small amount of cancer but he had hoped it had all been removed with the cone biopsy. I told him that I hadn't had the cone biopsy I had only had the colposcopy and I was booked in for the cone on 12th?!? How could he not know. I feel like he hadn't read my report properly before calling me in. He then showed me the report and it says 'there is at least microinvasive change, if not frank invasion.' I am not freaking out about the diagnosis (too much) as I feel I can't do much until I find out how much is cancer/what the grade is. I just feel slightly confused as lots of people on here get a result of CIN3 after their colposcopy and then after the LLETZ/Cone they get the diagnosis of cancer.
For the past few years I have suffered with clots, pelvic pain and pain during sex and I have been waiting for over 8 months for a laparoscopy. I am just worried that this might be to do with the cancer and may have started somewhere else. I didn't say much to the Doctor yesterday as I am not sure how much I took it in but I seem to have one hundred and one questions now.
Thank you for listening - feels good just to get it off my chest!