Diagnosed with the big c 3 weeks before my wedding

First time posting here but I just feel I need to talk to people…

2 days ago I got diagnosed with cervical cancer at the age of 27, 3 weeks before my wedding. The wedding that has already been rearranged 3 times due to covid.

To say I am absolutely terrified is a massive understatement.

I have an mri scan later on today to see how far it has spread to be able to come up with a treatment plan.

What if they can I can’t go ahead with my wedding?

What if they say its spread and with treatment I won’t be able to have the children I have always wanted.

I am terrified.

Any advice on trying to stay calm or anything would be massively appreciated.

I’m sorry your having to go through this, i don’t have much advice but wanted to show my support.
I’m also 27 and i wanted to try for baby and my results show high grade moderate dyskaryosis and waiting for my biopsy results, its scary to find out that something could possibly get in a way of big plans.
My only advice that i have is try to stay calm and think about the good things in your life right now and concentrate on your self and your mental health. You could try meditation or breathing techniques everytime you feel stressed or anxiety building.

I really hope everything works out for you!

Hi, I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I’m in the same boat, and should start my treatment within the next 4-5 weeks.

There’s never a good time for this, but I’m sorry it’s happened so close to your wedding. From what I’ve experienced, you should be able to go ahead with the wedding. From diagnosis to treatment for me is going to be more than 3 weeks and that’s them rushing me through with all the scans.

Feel free to message me at any time, we’ll be going through this at roughly the same time x

Yeah, it’s taken them a while to go from smear test to here so depending on what my mri results say I imagine my wedding will be fine. I just want a bit of something nice before going through whatever they decide I need to go through. Just sucks cause you have all these plans that just go whoosh out the window.

I’m feeling a bit calmer about it all today though so whatever will be will be i guess.

Glad you’re feeling a bit calmer about it all. I’ve been pretty calm too, there’s nothing else I can do. But my emotions have been up and down and the waiting is the worst.
Have you had your scan results yet? Hope you’re not waiting too long.

Hi

Sorry for your news, I was diagnosed stage 3 on the 8th July 2020. I got the all clear on the 21st April 2021 after my treatment.
I was offered fertility treatment but as I was 38 when diagnosed we were going to have to pay for it ourselves. Unfortunately when the results of my MRI came through that option was taken away, I had my nephrostomy done 2 days later and started chemo 4 days after that.
Use this time to speak to the fertility team within your NHS Healthboardso they are aware that you may need treatment at a faster pace than normal. Our clinic was closed down due to lockdown but they said they would have opened up given the circumstances.
Good luck with everything, msg if you need anything at all x

Not had any results through yet but I got a phone call asking to come in today to do the ct scan part, so its all moving pretty quickly. So I imagine I’ll get another call in a few days to discuss treatment plans and things

I’m sorry to hear you had that option taken away from you. I’ve been talking with my younger sister and she has said even once I’m well again because I sure as hell am going to beat this, she would surrogate for me if I’m not able to do it myself… which broke me a bit…

Its a surreal feeling at the moment I think because I am so young I think I’m more worried about my fertility than myself which is stupid?..

Ita crazy how I’ve gone from 0 to 100 with this is such a short space of time.

I think I’ll feel better once I know the whats and the wheres and the action plan for everything cause at the moment not knowing anything other than its there is driving me up the wall.

The CT planning scan is easy, you’ll breeze through it. My treatment plan was slightly different and I started with 9 weeks chemo before I went on to the combination. My friend has offered to be a surrogate which is amazing. Took me a bit of time to think it over. But I think I’m a year it’s something we will probably get serious about. Hope today goes well xx