Diagnosed with CC few days ago, I feel numb

No such thing as too much info here… you should see some of the stuff I’ve written on here!!
That sounds incredibly painful. We have radio nurses at our Cancer centre. They have all sorts of lotions,potions and wipes for such a thing!
Let us know how you get on xxx

1 Like

In based in Glasgow, they are going to see me tomorrow when I go in. Hopefully they can give me something to help. I’m just struggling to see how I can do another 4 weeks of radiotherapy if this is week 2. I will let yous know how I get on tomorrow. Right now the thought of the chemo chairs (which I find uncomfortable at the best of time)is making me feel ill. So is having to go into the car to get to hospital. Xx

They should be able to find you something more comfortable during chemo. There may be beds, or recliner chairs that will take the weight of your bum area. You will need to show them that you’re in pain and need something special. Xx

1 Like

Hi Steffi,

How are you feeling now?

Hi Sarah,

How are you, have you got your appointment through yet?

1 Like

Hey, I’m not doing too good at the moment. My anxiety is through the roof as it’s the MDM meeting tomorrow and I will be getting my phone call on Thursday. No I’ve not had any appointments arranged as yet. It’s so frustrating it’s really starting to get to me now xx

It’s a horrible feeling. I’ve never experienced before. Seems to be just after my diagnosis. How are you feeling now? I’ve seen you’ve been feeling unwell xx

Hi, I’m a little better today. There’s a prescription went in for me for morphine gel it can take a week but meant to be amazing. I’ve been gave another gel which seems to be helping a bit. I’m keeping on top of pain with ibrophen, paracetamol then all the usually after chemo tablets. I’ve also been prescribed magnesium supplements as that was low in my bloods. Yesterday was brutal trying to get comfy for chemo all day when in pain was almost in tears at one point. But on the plus side 3/5 chemo done (and I wasn’t sick or passed out while getting cannulated lol) and 12/25 radio done. How r u? Xx

1 Like

Today is a better day for me thankfully. Hopefully once Thursday is here u will feel more “in control” I found just knowing what was happening really helped me. I wasn’t sick yesterday whilst getting cannulated yday which was a bonus lol xx

My ward has all recliner chairs they look comfy but that’s deceiving as when sitting even when not in pain u get numb. Luckily my auntie has a back condition and has a foam bum cushion thing that she gave me and it’s worked wonders for me. Xx

1 Like

Hi Steffi, it sounds horrendous hope you get the medication soon.

Good that you are more than halfway through fingers crossed you’ll get on top of the radiation burn and the next couple of weeks are easier.

I am fine just working away. I am going to North Berwick this weekend so looking forward to some nice food and :cocktail:x

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling great. It’s a horrible time waiting to find out results and jot knowing what’s going on. It was definitely the worst time for me but once I knew what I was dealing with and got all my treatment dates I definitely improved.

I started to focus on getting cured and putting cancer behind me hopefully you’ll be same.

Hang on in there :pray:

Take care xx

Sounds lovely. I keep looking online at breaks for once this is over. Enjoy ur break xx

Ask for Intrasite gel from your nurse, works wonders

I’ve got that now thankfully and waiting on morphine gel too. It is really helping thanks. Xx

Hi Sarahnic,

How did you get on at your appointment any further forward with your treatment plan?

1 Like

Hey, got my phone call regarding my results yesterday afternoon. The cancer hasn’t spread anywhere apart from the cervix and some in the nodes round about hips I’m sure she said which is great news. Although the PET scan did show up the lump in my breast but she said that doesn’t mean to say it’s cancerous some cysts react to the sugar/radiation. So my consultant is chasing up the appointment at the breast clinic for me. I’ve got my first oncology appointment on Thursday morning and will hopefully find out more about treatment plan then xx

That’s great Sarah thankfully you don’t have to wait too long. Is your appointment next week at the Western? Once you get your treatment plan things should move fast.

Take care xx

1 Like

Yeah it’s at the western xx

Oh I completely understand about the waiting. I was diagnosed in November and I had my hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. The scans, pathology…waiting and more waiting. It’s emotionally draining.
I hope you are ok and get through as smoothly as possible.

1 Like