Diagnosed with CC few days ago, I feel numb

It was @Shammy716 if you put her name in the search bar it will come up I got my start date is the name of it xx

perfect thank you xx

Hi Sarahnic,

I didn’t do a blog as such but have posted quite a lot.

I had my treatment in Edinburgh. I had 25 radiotherapy 4 chemo and 3 brachytherapy if you want to PM me as I don’t think you are allowed to mention hospital names doctors etc.

AMF

2 Likes

Hi Steffi86

I haven’t done a blog but I have posted a lot; I wasn’t on this forum during my treatment. Feel free to ask any questions; there’s lots of us here with a range of experiences and happy to share.

x

2 Likes

Hey! Yeah I sorry of did one but faded in and out of it depending on how I was feeling. A girl called Phileepa did one too, it’s fantastic. If you can find that one it’s a very reassuring read.
Always here to answer questions, as we all are xx

1 Like

Hi Steffi86

Try a search using ‘blog’ :smiley:

x

1 Like

Hi Sarahnic,

How are you getting on?

found it x

Sorry ive not replied sooner. yeah im ok i guess. got the phone call from my cancer nurse after the mdt meeting. they found a tumour in my cervix which she said was relatively big but its contained in my cervix, my lymph nodes in that area are enlarged. and they also found a lesion in one of my breasts that i need to go get checked out but she said it might be nothing to worry about. but ive to go for a pet scan just to make sure theres no more cancer hiding and i also need to go to breast clinic to get that checked out x

Hi Sarahnic,

Good that the tumour is contained in the cervix. Pet scan is standard in Edinburgh it will show up any cancer I know this is worrying I was very anxious waiting on the scan results but they are done to help us. Once they have the results your treatment will be tailored to you to make sure any areas of concern are included in the radiotherapy field.
Just take one day atva time you can do this.
If you have any questions give me a shout.
Take care xx

Hi Steffi,

How did it go today?

1 Like

Hi, how r u? It was an experience lol but nothing I can’t handle, I had a reaction (think it was nerves which was weird as I didn’t feel nervous) my blood pressure dropped and I was sick but as soon as I was sick I immediately felt better. That was with the first drip the real stuff hadn’t even started. My hand swelled a little so I had to hold it up and that was it. Had a good gab with the other ladies and fully expecting the nurses to have a gag sat waiting for me next week :rofl:. Radiotherapy was fine but I’m in some pain after it, like a achy pain around where the tattoos are on the sides of my thighs. Anyone had that before? I’m home and feeling fine. Tablets I was gave to take home weren’t really explained to me is it tomorrow they start? Xx

Hi Steffi - congratulations on your first day! The tablets should be antisickness and steroids - there should be instructions on the pill packets. The antisickness are to take before meals and the steroids would be to help you cope with the chemo - they warn you not to take them after 3pm I think it is, as they can have the effect of keeping you up at night…. With regards to the achy pains and sickness - probably mainly anxiety related at this early stage, but everyone reacts differently. I started throwing up after the first radiotherapy as they were blitzing my stomach area as well (paraaortic involvement) - I didn’t have chemo until the next day. X

1 Like

Hi Steffi,

Glad your first day is done, your post did make me laugh you certainly had some ups and downs!!.

Now you know what to expect hopefully it’ll get easier.

My chemo was a Tuesday and I had anti sickness and steroids to take on the Wednesday Thursday and Friday as Jacks says try not to take the steroids after about 5pm as they can keep you awake, I never took mine late but was always wide awake.

As to the radiotherapy I didn’t get anything the only thing I had was a tiny radiotherapy burn which came in the last week and it did sting. I used the zerobase cream and steroids cream every day all over my pelvic area and lower back and it seemed to do the trick.

Keep us posted xx

Thank you, it’s all the waiting that’s getting to me. Keep thinking to myself the longer I’m waiting for treatment the more it will be spreading. I’m off work on the sick just now because my anxiety was through the roof and I just feel constantly nauseous. Hoping I get some more news this week xx

Congratulations on your first day, sounds like you had a bit of a bumpy start. Hopefully much easier next time for you xx

Hi Sarahnic,

I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed at end of May and didn’t start treatment until 3 August it was only 2 months but it felt like forever. I was also worried about spread but doctor kept reassuring me that it would not spread that it is a slow growing cancer.

I worked up to starting treatment but to be honest my mind was not on the job I was working from home and my team members and boss knew what was going on so I just did what I could. Hopefully you’ll get your start date soon then you’ll be focusing on the treatment and getting rid of cancer.

Any questions just ask. Take care xx

Thanks @AMF and @Jacks133 it was a bumpy ride but we made the most of it in the room and had a good laugh about what was going to happen to me next. I was the only one who seemed to experience anything. I had only had an hour sleep though so that could have contributed. I had to apologise as I had ate a pot noodle when I couldn’t sleep :rofl::see_no_evil:. I’ve came home and had a look into the medicines for tomorrow then fell asleep waiting on hollyoaks to come on. Didn’t know what day it was when I woke up lol. But feel much better for it now. @Sarahnic I know u will have read lots on this but even with wee bumps i feel like I can really manage this now, every nurse, radiologist etc was amazing and put me at total ease. I waited 3 months from diagnosis to starting treatments and feel like a weight has been lifted today. Thanks everyone for answering my million questions that my mind makes up at the most inconvenient of times Xx

Yeah I bet it felt like a lifetime. I just want to get it all started feel terrified everyday about it spreading but suppose I need to just try and not think about it. I keep patiently waiting on my appointment coming through to discuss treatment. My cancer nurse has called to tell me how it went at MDT meeting and that it will more than likely be chemo radiation and possibly brachytherapy but won’t know for definite until my appointment. The day I was diagnosed the doctor told me I would more than likely be in for a radical hysterectomy this month but clearly that’s not the case xx

I’m glad your feeling better about it all honey I’m so happy for you. I hope I have your courage when I start my treatment, 3 months is a longtime I’m just coming up for a month and I’m struggling the anxiety is horrible.xx

1 Like