Diagnosed, what happens next?

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with stage 1a1 yesterday from my LLETZ.

Another LLETZ booked in for next week.

I'm just wondering, if they don't find any more cancer or CIN III.... 

They spoke about close monitoring for the next 5 years.

I'm just wondering what they mean by that?

I am aware of the different treatment options if they do find more to be concerned about.

I hope you're all doing okay xxx

Hi lemon lavender,

I was told there is a good chance that the second lletz would be negative as the first treatment may have destroyed any remaining cin3 cells, however if there are some remaining that clear margins are what they are looking for. Provided either of those situations occurs, it then becomes a case of close monitoring. With me I have two pathways currently, one through colposcopy and one through gynecology oncology. Oncology will followup every 3 months to start with involving screening for hpv and a smear test I believe. Colposcopy will followup every 6 months involving a colposcopy appointment checking for any abnormal cells and doing biopsies if needed. I'm not clear how this will work in conjunction with each other but the doctor who did my second lletz suggested that it would depend on the result of the second lletz exactly how the monitoring happens. They have also said that oncology will be involved for at least 5 years and that I will get a minimum of yearly colposcopy appointments for 10 years. I feel reassured that they will monitor us closely!

Xx

Hi Dreamland,

Thank you. That seems to be really thorough, what a relief. Thank you xx

Hi lemon lavender,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing all of your experience on this forum. My situation has been very similar to yours and reading your posts has really helped me through! So thank you :)

I am just waiting for my MDT meeting to decide if a second lletz will be needed. 

I hope everything goes well for you this week!

jo  xx

Hi Jo,

Oh no, sorry to hear you're going through such a similar journey. Do you know when the mdt is yet?

I really hope you're okay, it's such a tough ride!!

Sending you lots of love xx

Hi

My MDT meeting is tomorrow. So hoping I will get a phone call on Friday confirming if a second lletz is needed. Am also hoping I will find out exactly what the staging is, I was told it's very early and she mentioned either A or B but said there's a chance it's already been removed by my first lletz. She told me not to worry as it has been caught early but that's easier said than done!

did you have your second lletz this week? Hope it goes well! 

xxxx

Hi Jo,

Definitely easier said than done!

I hope you get your results ASAP. My LLETZ has been booked for Monday 26th, they couldn't fit me in this week due to annual leave again x

Hi Lemon Lavender 

I remember speaking to you on the waiting for results page. I am so sorry to hear you have had a diagnosis too. I had my diagnosis for stage 1a1 adenocarcinoma on the 9th. I was given the option to have a second lletz treatment but given my family history I have been advised to get a hysterectomy 

How are you doing?

Hi Rachey,

I'm recovering well from LLETZ. This time round has been fab in comparison to last time, which I'm really grateful for. I think the 'too-large' speculum first time round had a lot to do with the pain I experienced afterwards as this time it's only my womb that's really painful and back and hips.

How are you doing? I'm really sorry to hear they've gone straight for hysterectomy. Have you been given a date?

I'll get my results end of May, beginning of June xx

There are a few of us in the same boat!

Thinking of you all.

Xx

How are you doing Dreamland? I hope you're feeling okay xx

I'm much better now. Still bleeding a little from the second lletz but much better emotionally.

I'm waiting for a call today from my nurse who should be confirming the follow-up as I believe my case has now been discussed at MDT.

I'm also expecting a call today from the counseling service.

I feel like I'm coming out the other side of the cancer diagnosis now. I'm incredibly grateful for the thorough treatment I have had and the fact that the screening program means that it was caught so early. It's annoying that I had so many cancellations over covid as it could have been caught even earlier, before the cancer started to develop. But, I'm trying to leave that annoyance behind and focus on the fact it has been caught and dealt with promptly.

The health anxiety comes and goes. I'm hoping the counseling will help with that.

I hope you're ok lemon lavender. And all the beautiful women going through this. 

Thinking of you all and very glad of this forum.

Xx

Good luck for your calls today Dreamland xxx really pleased to hear you're moving in the right direction re healing xxx