Diagnosed today cc I'm so scared (children mentioned)

I was told today that I have cervical cancer I'm completely terrified they want me straight back in for a larger biopsy tomoz to see more under general anersetic but I'm confused is there diff types of cervical cancer I'm 29 with 2 children 6 and 2 my 6 yr old also as learning difficulties and dyspraxia so im so scared :( they need me x

Hello Sweetheart,

I am so sorry to read your news, I know only too well what a big shock it all is.

Yes there are different kinds of cervical cancer and you can read all about them here in the About Cervical Cancer section above. The good news is that cervical cancer that has very effective treatments and so it's important not to get carried away with 'what ifs' until you know exactly what you are dealing with (easy for me to say, I know).

Sounds like your team are progressing your diagnosis quickly, which is scary and helpful at the same time. You may have to wait a little while for results as the lab tests go at the rate they go at, but try to hold it together and you'll have more information very soon.

We're here to support you if we can and we all know what its like to go through this. What I've learned through all of this is we all have amazing reserves of strength and that we can deal with much more than we expect. You will surprise yourself, but do allow yourself to talk about how you feel. It helps.

Good luck for your procedure today and come back and talk to us any time you need to. xxxx

Thank you so much feels so good to no you can get support like this site I'm sat in recovery as we speak had the larger biopsy removal op today so it's sitting tight till next wed now to find out the next plan of action once again thanks so much for your kind words and the strength to keep me mind focused much appreciated xx

I wish you a speedy recovery. Sounds like you have an excellent team who are seeing to you really promptly which is a good thing. I always found the nurses really helpful with advice and they tend to be able to talk you through things in a more 'human' manner than the doctor 'speak'. So make sure you ask them all of the questions you are thinking about.

The forum is great for advice and support.

Keep positive and I hope everything goes ok

Hello

I hope you’re feeling ok following your biopsy today. And I’m so sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis!
The waiting is by far the hardest part… That and the unknown! … I’m sure you’re feeling all over the place at the moment. I promise when all this is over you won’t believe how strong you are!

Take time to listen to yourself and your needs… Do the things you want to do and spend time with the people you love… You’re allowed to be abit selfish!

This forum is incredible and the ladies on here are absolutely amazing, they helped me so much and provided the best support.

We’re all here if you need us
Take care, lots of love & positive thoughts
Em xxx

Thank you so much for your lovely support I'm already realising how amazing this site is just knowing im talking to people who now what I'm going through is wonderful Cuz I love my family so much but they seriously can never imagine how im feeling right now my emotions are like a ticking time bomb at one min I'm ok then slightest thing tumbles me into floods hersterical tears so thank so much to take the time to talk and listen its tremendous support xx

Thank you so much for your lovely support I'm already realising how amazing this site is just knowing im talking to people who now what I'm going through is wonderful Cuz I love my family so much but they seriously can never imagine how im feeling right now my emotions are like a ticking time bomb at one min I'm ok then slightest thing tumbles me into floods hersterical tears so thank so much to take the time to talk and listen its tremendous support xx

So sorry to hear your news.try to remain positive , I no it's hard. You will feel so many emotions and  I no what you mean about ticking time bomb. This site is amazing for all the questions you want to ask or just for having a good old rant.we have all been through what your going through now and you will get through it. Thinking of you xxxx

Hi Mazzy,

I just wanted to echo what all the other ladies have said, we are all here to support you. I know you are worried about your chidren but please remember that CC is very treatable. I'm not saying its easy and I know waiting for the whole picture is one of the hardest parts.  So im wishing you lots of luck and sending big hugs. Xx