Diagnosed 6 weeks ago

Hi all
I didn’t think I needed to post on here, things were going so well.
Bit of history, started bleeding after sex last September, thought it was menopause, anyhow it wasn’t, got diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma in February from colposcopy. Within 2 days they sent me for an mri, I waited for results when the doc rang me she said it was good news, it wasn’t visible on the mri so led me to believe that it was early and would probably only need hysterectomy by keyhole. So that was in my mind and I felt a lot more relaxed.

Next I had a cone biopsy, now it’s these results that have just come through, they say that these results are worse than what that MRI says, so I have to now go for another MRI. I don’t know how much worse at the minute.

I don’t understand, how can the MRI not pick anything up. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. I feel like I’ve wasted 6 weeks.

It’s so emotionally draining.

Thanks for listening.

Lou

Hiya @Loupee i didn’t have the same experience as you but I wanted to message to say that I understand what you’re going through and you’re not alone. I think think the mri they are going to give you must me a high contrast I evwhere they inject you with a dye and then scan you, it gives them a good view of what’s going on. I hope you’re ok and here if you need a chat xx

Thankyou @Willow23 for your kind words. They have also ordered a ct scan as well.