Critical Illness cover

Hi

I don't wish to offend anyone but I was wondering if anyone has any success in getting a pay out from their critical life insurance?

I have stage 1a adenocarcinoma and a cone biopsy and due another one next month.

I have been off work and hospitalised for excessive bleeding and still trying to recover.

My insurance will only pay out though if I end up having to have a hysterectomy.

It is with Friends Life.

Thank you. :)

05/15 Abnormal smear High grade CGIN found

05/15 Colposcopy and punch biopsies. CIN 1 found also. 

06/15 Second smear HG CGIN found again

07/15 Colposcopy CIN 1 found again.

07/15 Lletz cone under GA - HG CGIN, CIN 1 and 1a Adenocarcinoma found.

08/15 Hospitalised for excessive bleeding

09/15 - Second operation due - cold knife cone biopsy

Hi :-)

I didn't want to read and run so just wanted to wish you good luck. I have no insurance at all and have had to pay for all my treatment myself. Luckily I live somewhere cheap :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi

I was diagnosed stage 2b last year and lucky enough to have critical illness.  A phone call to the insurance company and a letter from my oncologist the pay out was agreed.

Oh that's great n.porter1 - may I ask who your insurance is with?

Aviva did not realise I even had it

Thanks. Has anyone gone for a HPV vaccine after being diagnosed with CC?

Hi vets

regarding ur earlier post my company just paid out it was a policy i got through work that is with Canada life.  Took a couple of months as they confirmed things with gp and consultant first.

feel free to ask if u have any questions re my one,

kimmy

My insurance is with Scottish Provident (I think) and they need the term 'invasive cancer' to pay out. Am waiting to hear, although consultant said yes it should be fine. Nervous though. I've spent it in my head ;-)

I barely remember taking the policy out.

good luck!

Let me know how you get on Moonfish :)