Could you support women locally?

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you know that we’re currently looking for volunteers support group leaders in specific areas.

The following groups are already established but have just one group leader doing all the work and we’d love to get them some help.

We’re looking for people who’ve been affected by cervical cancer or cervical abnormalities who now feel that they are in a position to support others.

It’s a great opportunity to have a positive impact on women living with or beyond a cervical cancer diagnosis in your local area and to help create important networks.
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust provides quality training and ongoing support for you to feel confident in carrying out the important role of a support group leader so if you’re a strong organiser and would like to get involved we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for group leaders in the following areas;

Ayrshire
Belfast
Brighton
Cardiff
Hull
Leeds
Peterborough
Southampton

We’ll be holding our training event in November in Manchester so if you are interested or would just like to find out more, please do get in touch soon. We cover all travel costs and provide all accommodation and food.
You can email me at rebecca@jostrust.org.uk or you can head to our recruitment page and download a factsheet and application form here http://www.jostrust.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/support-group-volunteers

Thank you in advance, we couldn’t possibly hope to reach all the women that we do without our volunteers.

Best wishes
Rebecca

Rebecca,  I have met yo at Newcastle seminar and asked about forming a group.  Sadly the places above are nowhere near where I live.   I spoke with my consultant and she was happy for me to organise something.   I live in Newcstle-under-Lyme - so Stoke on Trent/Stone/Crew/Stafford could be in "our" area...  She said she treats +- 30 women per year that need readio &/or chemo.  There are more which are treated before they reach this stage.  Regards  Anita (Johnson)

I would love to help.  Spoke with you in Newcastle during the seminar.  Sadly none of the places above are anywhere near where I live.

Spoke with my consultant and she would support us as well as a nurse or two from the dept.  Newcastle-under-Lyme is the place with

Stoke-on-Trenet, Stone, Stafford, Crewe, Cannock, Shropshire, Hereforshire - these are people I've met during my tratment.  

Hope something can be done in this area too.   

All the best to all

Hi Anita,

i am one of the Co Support group leaders for the Manchester support group, we currently cover Manchester, Liverpool, Cheshire and staffordshire. 

If you could give PM with your consultants details and I can ensure that they get included on our distribution list.

We have a lady who attending from Stoke on Trent already, it would be great if you could come to one of our meetings in Cheadle, I'm not far from you in Crewe. 

If you want more details please feel free to PM me.

Lou