Confused

Can anyone tell me, does this have a stage. Margin of lletz was clear but there was a gland positive that was completely excised. I have cgin. Would this make it a stage 1a or am I bring a bit dramatic?

You have CGIN, not cancer.

Cancer has stages but CGIN is just CGIN, which is pre-cancerous. "The margin was clear" means that all of the CGIN was in the middle of the piece that they removed and it didn't reach as far as the edge. Not sure about the positive gland but "completely excised" means they have taken all of it out so you are fine. No doubt you'll have fairly frequent smear tests for the next little while.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

thanks Tivoli. You are a great support on this site. I've had a terrible time. It all started this time last year following a routine smear. All my previous smears were clear, so I thought no need to worry. We were trying for number 2 at the time. Normally the results would be back in 2 weeks, but there was no sign of the results so I didn't even think twice about it. Then I got the dreaded call from the hospital to come in immediately. I asked why as I was very shocked, they told me I had cgin. I went in and the explained the seriousness of the situation and wanted to proceed with colposcopy and lletz. Then I told them I might be pregnant. I had planned to test at the end of the week. So the good news was I was 5 weeks pregnant bad news was I needed a llettz. He sent me home to think about it. I decided to take the risk and had the llettz at 7 weeks. Thankfully I have a lovely baby girl here now. 

I was so worried during my pregnancy. I had my first follow up yesterday. I had a repeat smear, a brush up the canal, biopsies and pipette  yhe results will go straight to mdt this time. He went through the results of my lletz and there was only 0.1mm clearance and they would prefer 0.2mm. Another sample there was a gland affected by cgin which was completely removed. So I'm just anxious now. Should have the results in 3 weeks. Fingers crossed they are ok. Asked about a hysterectomy and he said he wouldn't rush it as I'm only 33. 

Thanks for your reply, will update when I know more!

Sorry that you've had such a scary time but happy to hear you have a lovely daughter and hopefully all the news will be good from now on :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli