Confused :-(

Hi Ladies,

Posted this in cervical screening also....but being referred to colposcopy so not sure if it's better posted here?? 

I went for my six monthly routine smear Monday 7th April. I bled on contact which worries me as this hasn't happened to me before. So as many of us have, i had the horrible wait for the results. Yay, my results came back clear....... But then last noght i had a call from the Dr surgery saying that she has booked me an appointment at the colposcopy clinic. She said she is just being cautious given my history, but she is the same nurse i have seen all previous times and this is the first time that she has refered me (on good results). I am now starting to panic what the reasons for her doing this are.

I have had abnormal bleeding, bleeding a few times after sex, a positive pregnancy test (Not pregnant, not trying...just felt off so tested) need to pee more frequently and i keep getting sharp pains. Have any of you experienced anything like this and been ok?? I'm doing my best not to google it. lol

Any help/advice would be great. Thank you.

Hey!

I haven't had any experience of anything like this but I wonder if it might be possible she's referred you for a colposcopy due to your abnormal bleeding based on your history. It may just be to get a second opinion and make sure nothing was missed at the smear.

I hope you don't have too long a wait for your colposcopy appointment and get some peace of mind soon

xx

Hi there my lovely, if you click on my profile and have a read through my posts on here I have been so worried about all things cervical and also bled (A LOT) on contact during my smear.. Had bleeding after sex, crampy pains all the time, etc etc..

I was referred for a colposcopy, had biopsies taken and after 8 weeks got my results.. Although I have mild dyskariosis and HPV they aren't worried enough about me to treat me right now.. Sometimes the dyskariosis and HPV can go away on its own apparently, so I'm being asked to wait a year and have a repeat smear.

So please don't panic just yet! You are in the system now so if there is anything they are worried about they will treat you.. 

Big hugs and keep us posted! Good luck!

Heather xx

Thank you for your replies. 

My body just feels really off and not normal for me. I'm trying my best not to over think things. But as soon as my bladder starts to fill I'm getting aches, I'm peeing more than I usually do and with all the other changes recently, it has me concerned. 

My friends tell me not to worry but I don't feel like they are actually listening to why I am worried. I had CIN 3 a few years ago, first treatment they took away what they thought was everything but when I went back due toheavy bleeding they found more and cut more away. I know I am possibly worrying for nothing and that makes me feel even more frustrated because really why am I worrying? 

Thank you for your replies. 

My body just feels really off and not normal for me. I'm trying my best not to over think things. But as soon as my bladder starts to fill I'm getting aches, I'm peeing more than I usually do and with all the other changes recently, it has me concerned. 

My friends tell me not to worry but I don't feel like they are actually listening to why I am worried. I had CIN 3 a few years ago, first treatment they took away what they thought was everything but when I went back due toheavy bleeding they found more and cut more away. I know I am possibly worrying for nothing and that makes me feel even more frustrated because really why am I worrying?