confused loop biopsy results

Hi,

a year ago I had a smear and was diagnosed with cgin,

i was pregnant at the time so they said no treatment, but they would monitor me... i went back to colposcopy  twice when I was pregnant and both times it come back with high grade changes .....

on the 12th September this year I went to colposcopy again and they done a loop biopsy...... now this is where I’m confused after the longest 3 weeks of waiting I contact colposcopy for the results and the nurse says cin3 was found but this is now cleared cgin still present will be discussed at next MDT meeting.

another 3 weeks have past and I get the results letter back which states cgin and cin3 still present and an abnormality found high in the canal .... 

next appointment made for 6 months time and results been referred to MDT meeting .

so now I’m completely confused .... what does my results mean and if both cgin and cin3  still there why is next appointment in 6 months time?

can anyone add any advise please ????

not sure if I should be worried or not!

thanks Rachael 

Hi Rachel,

For me they didn't even say if it's CIN or CGIN.

I got this letter, when I called them they said it's nothing to worry about:

"The specimen taken from the neck of your womb (cervix), when you were seen in the colposcopy clinic recently has been analysed and needs further discussion with our multidisciplinary team to decide on the best management.

There is no reason for concern, this is routine practice.

The meetings take place every 4 to 6 weeks. After your case has been discussed, we will contact you with the outcome."

I would go to a private gyn and ask for an opinion.

I can't even do that because I have no results.

Good luck and let us know what they say.