confused by results

Hi I've posted before but very confused over results..

I am a nurse and was naughty and looked up my lab report... Wouldn't recommend!

My results I received in the post stated I had C1n2/3 and high grade CIgn changes.

However looking at my lap result, it states hpv but I didn't recieve this in the post.

My question Is, how do I know if I'm high risk hPV? Were they ever going to tell me?

I have a repeat colopscopy in 6 months due to the cgn chanchanges, still not really sure what this means?!

And anyone else with hpv are we at risk of other cell changes orally or anal... Sorry to go into depth but I've read up that all tissue in genital area can be affected and can cause cell changes. How to we monitor this?

I've also been with my partner for 6 years, I understand hpv can lie dormant, but I've potentially had it this long, could I have cell changes else wherewhere?

Sorry if this post is over the top, I'm just confused and worried. I'm worried that I'm always going to be at risk and could of put myself at risk of developing cancerone day.

Thanks for reading  

Hi there,

Sorry to hear what you've been going through. Having received a copy of a lab report myself (it was like another language) I appreciate it can be confusing. As far as I can gather, they only test for high risk HPV (HR-HPV) on the NHS as these changes are most commonly linked to cell changes. It's worth holding on to the fact that for around 95-98% of women have no further problems cervically after LLETZ. At least by being checked at colposcopy in 6 months they'll be able to do a more thorogh examinations that you'd get with a smear at your GP surgery.

HPV ... well there are many types, from those that cause common warts and verruccas to the types that can be linked with cancers. Yes HPV has been linked to oral cancer (from oral sex I believe where HPV is involved - rememeber Michael Douglas?) and anal cancer can also be linked to HPV. From when I've researched places where you can get a private, I've seen listed anal swabs (chargeable) testing for HPV, but I guess at the end of the day the best thing will be to become body aware and see a docotr with any concerns, while trying not to become too hung up on it. Easier said that done though I appreciate that. I think there's still a lot not known about HPV. Maybe have a chat with your doctor if you're worried in any way.

I don't know if this is any help but didn't want to read and run. All the best to you x