Confused and scared

Hi there, 

i I had my smear on June 10th and on June 24th my nurse had called me to tell me my results have come back with severe dysk, of course I panicked. By 26th of June I received a phone call to come in later that day (worries me as seemed to get seen really quickly) I got to the hospital and they told me about the colposcopy and that they would preform the loop diathermy. So off I went to change into my very elegant hospital gown and sit in a lovely position on the stirrups on the couch and she looked up there using the colposcope and found the cells were wide spread and it was cin 3, she told me she was going to burn them away and ghen gave me anesthetic and carried out the procedure, to which she they said 'I've got all I can see' (I didn't find it reassuring to be honest) and then she took 2 parts of my cervix away for what I assume is a biopsy. She then finished up and spoke to me saying they were wide spread etc but my mind went blank and I was kind of just hearing white noise. I found the whole ordeal very stressful because it was so fast I couldn't process any of it, I was worried that I was seen so quickly, maybe thats a bad thing? I'm so scared and I hate having to wait 6-8 weeks, I've got a 6 year old to think of.

How ow long did everyone wait for results? Should I worry? I'm not sleeping and worrying all the time. Maybe I'm overreacting but I've been telling my doctor for months that I've wanted to be checked as I bleed inbetween periods and have pain during sex etc.

thank you for reading and I look forward to your replies.

Rosie

age 24 

I dont know what to say to you as I'm not clued up my wait is 6 weeks aswell remember it's positive they have seen you so fast one step closer to closing this chapter positive thoughts xxx

Hi hun, I'm 25 and have been where you are so I understand how scary it can be. I think most women on here will agree the waiting is the worst part. I got the results from my lletz about 2 weeks after. I also rang my gp to get her to go through the results with me. It's easy to say and hard to do but at this stage you have no need to worry. As far as I'm aware they will always remove cin3 cells as a precaution. They'll be studying the part they removed under a microscope so they can be certain they got it all and then you'll probably be expected to have another smear in 6 months. Good luck with the results, let us know how you get on and I hope you don't have to wait too long. In the meantime try and keep your mind occupied, if you need some reassurance you can always ring the hospital, they were certainly good at putting my mind at ease. All the best and stay smiling xxx

Thank you so much for your reply, I may try and call the hospital. I hate waiting and not knowing if it's good or bad news, I try to stay positive but finding it difficult. Fingers crossed it's nothing, thank you for your advise and of course I'll keep you updated with the results once I know xx

rosie xx

Hi Rosie

I totally feel for you, the waiting is AWFUL. I had my lletz procedure yesterday, and have to wait 2 weeks for the results which just feels like forever. I would say it's definitely worth calling - I know I'll be making a phonecall after a week or so just in case they have the results. I'm sure the doctors will be understanding as it's so stressful waiting without knowing. Fingers crossed you get your results soon and it's good news xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks