Confused about results please help?

Hello...sorry I've posted a couple of times but I'm so confusedd so thought I would give the exact details and maybe someone can help me?

I had my first ever smear test in January...the results were severe dyskaryosis. ..therefore I went for a colposcopy at my local hospital on 24th February 2015...I had lletz ttreatment there and then and a biopsy was taken...I was told I would receive results in a couple of weeks.

My letter arrived today and I realise I have CIN3 but I'm not sure about the NOT ASSESSABLE part in the letter and I don't feel reassured.

This is what my letter says.....

"Diagnosis on the basis of colposcopy findings: CIN III"

"Biopsy: Excision, depth 6mm, excision not assessable."

"Histology: CIN 3"

"Further management: nurse led clinic in 6 months"

SURELY I SHOULD BE HAVING SOME MORE TESTS BEFORE THEN?

DOES NOT ASSESSABLE MEAN THEY WERE UNABLE TO GIVE A RESULT FROM THE BIOPSY?

I'M SO CONFUSED SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi the excision margins are the edges of the bit they removed and sometimes it is difficult to assess fully if all the abnormal cells have been removed. However when you have a treatment they also do further heat treatment/cautery to the base of the cervix so any potential remaining cells are usually treated with that. It is routine to have a smear in six months as it is most likely to have been fully treated and the cervix needs time to heal before a smear can be taken. hope this helps