Confused 17 year old girl - Cervical Cancer symptoms

Hello, I’m new here.

I am a 17 year old girl looking for some guidance or help. I’ve been so scared and anxious recently due to some things that have been happening to me.

For the past couple months or so I’ve been experiencing watery discharge that smells like pee. It is so much that it goes through my pants. Earlier on in 2020 to late 2020, I was having a little bit of pink discharge that went away and hasn’t reappeared since. Currently, I’m experiencing lower back pain and have been for 3 days now. It is a bit worse when I lay down, but I can barely feel it when I stand up. It feels like pressure almost, but not sure, it could be a strain?

In addition, I’ve been using the bathroom much more frequently. I have to pee a lot more, but whenever I do go, I have no issues peeing.

I’ve gone for a pelvic ultrasound (not transvaginal) multiple times, and it says that everything is normal. I have also had the HPV vaccine when I was around 12-14 (both doses).

Please let me know if these things sound alarming, I have contacted my doctor and I am waiting for a response.

Thank you.

Hi Bobby,

Sorry you’re experiencing some worrying symptoms. Many of the symptoms you mention can also be caused by a UTI (urinary Tract Infection infection). Some UTI’s can cause blood in the urine and this would cause it to turn pink. I think it’s really important to get it checked out. You really should make an appointment with your GP to have your urine tested to rule out any infection. If you have nitrates or blood in your urine, your GP may perscribe you some antibiotics. It’s not normal to have the symptoms you are having but there is probably a much simpler explanation than cancer. I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

x Maria