Concerned

My mom and grandma were both diagnosed with breast cancer in janruary 2015. I seen my PCF in March for an action plan. She informed me that I was due in june for a pap smear. We agreed to just get it done while i was already there. Days later she called me and stated she was concerned that they found cervical cancer and she was referring me to an OBGY. Initially i freaked out, my dad had a brain tumor in 2014, no my mom and grandma with breast cancer... now maybe me! Everyone I had talked to was caming my nerves saying they all have had an abnormal pap and its nothing to worry about. Doctors are doing their jobs and just making sure its not cancerous. I figured okay, almost every female i know (around my age and older) has had an abnormal pap and everything was fine with them. So I seen an OBGYN and she stated the possibilities of an abnormal pap smear, we scheduled an in clinic biopsy. The doctor had me skip my sugar pills on my birth control so i dont have a period for my biopsy. I had a leep & Endometrial Biopsy. It was painful and very unconfortable. I cramped for days. I got a call days later that cancer cells were found and it was unclear if it was the uterus or cervix. The explained I would have Colposcopy and a D & C. Once again my doctor had me skip me sugar pills to dealy my period. Days before my sceduled surgery I started a heavy irregular period. I had large clots and was bleeding heavy. I normally have short light periods. I was freaking out and called my doctor, at my pre-op she stated if i started my period they would have to reschedule my surgery. when i informed her i had started and it was very heavy she was concerned and stated they would go froward wtih my surgery. I was placed under anesthia and had my surgery on April 7th. A week later I was informed that i had cancer cells and pre cancer cells and they were on my cervix and the opening of my uterus. I was told no sex and tampons until sept (6 months from surgery) and i could try and have a child in a year. Due to my young age and wanting children the doctors explained they would not do any radiation, chemo or hormonal therapy. I was informed about the discharge, the cramps and the contractions. Those lasted for a good month or so. At my post- op in may my doctor was concerned i hadn't bled at all. she stated if i don't start my period in two weeks to call her. I called her two weeks later and informed her that i hadn't started and still experiencing contractions and cramps. She stated that the stress of the surgery and the stress of my family with cancer it is normal that i havent started my period. She also explained that the contractions and cramps could last for a couple of months. In june i became concerned because my uterus felt enlarged and wasn't going down, i was still cramping and contracting, and not bleeding. I had noticed that everytime my bladder was full, I would get pains and discomfort. I called my PCF thinking I had a bladder infection, after a urine test they stated I did not have a bladder infection.  In July i called my doctor and now she seemed very concerned, she sent me for a ultrasound both pelvic & vaginal ASAP. the vaginal ultra sound hurt very bad. The nurse said she wonders why i havent had a period because i had blood. now i am awaiting the results and my doctor has told me to be prepared for a possible second surgery. 

Firstly, well done for being so strong... a lot of people would be in bits and you are handling it so well!

Did you have any symptoms prior to your smear you can remember? 

Maybe the running of your packs back to back has messed up your cycle ATM whenever I run mine I always get a lower abdominal "bloated feeling" 

Xxx

Hi dargeorgia

As Ruby1512 said, it does sound like you're handling this really well - must have been really tough with so much happening to other family members. I hope you get your results soon, do you have any idea when it will be? My fingers are crossed for you that the results are good. xXx 

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result

Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks