Compleat historectomy and a 2yr old!

Hi,
So im going to be having a compleat historectomy via kehole surgery. I was just looking for info on recovery times and what im likely to be able to manage, I have a very active boisterous 2yr old daughter and im trying to plan child care ect. Any help from others experiences would be great

Hi Lucy, the macmillan website has a womb cancer group forum where the majority of women have had hysterectomies. Anyone asking about hysterectomy on the cervical cancer group forum are directed there and there’s lots of good information and advice.

I think I’m going to be having a hysterectomy, but unsure at the moment, so I’m not in a position to offer any advice myself. Really hope it isn’t too challenging for you. Best wishes for the future.

Hey thanks Lemon_Lavender I will have a look, I’ve also joined a facebook group called hysterectomy sisters UK they have also been helpful. I hope everything goes ok for you… Are you just awaiting results? Im going to be waiting untill the new year for mine if not longer dependant on the wait list x

I’m waiting for my 6 month colposcopy and test of cure, where we will be discussing hysterectomy too. It’s at the end of November xx

I saw posts from last year where people told they had to have a hysterectomy in oct/Nov time were getting them in December /January time xx

Hi Lucy, @Lucy623 I had robot assisted RH + SLND. It was a smooth operation. Laparoscopy will give you stomach issue for a few days (nausea, bowel movements, pain, gas pain, shoulder pain) plus you should probably ask your consultant whether you need catheter in for 10 days. For me, it was the worst part… I hated so much. Also the daily blood thinning injection…

you won’t able to look after baby. You will be tired and emotionally down. I would say 2 weeks to be budgeted for with no cooking, no house work demand on you. Someone needs to cook and care for you almost full time for you to have a speedy recovery. Walking is encouraged but it’s not the same as doing chaos. U will be quite tired as body is healing. I feel I am back to normal by week 3/4, as I had almost no bleeding. But each person might be different. I will walk around house each house which helps. Wish you best of luck and a good speedy recovery! Xx
[/quote]

I had robot assisted RH + SLND. It was a smooth operation. Laparoscopy will give you stomach issue for a few days (nausea, bowel movements, pain, gas pain, shoulder pain) plus you should probably ask your consultant whether you need catheter in for 10 days. For me, it was the worst part… I hated so much. Also the daily blood thinning injection…

you won’t able to look after baby. You will be tired and emotionally down. I would say 2 weeks to be budgeted for with no cooking, no house work demand on you. Someone needs to cook and care for you almost full time for you to have a speedy recovery. Walking is encouraged but it’s not the same as doing chaos. U will be quite tired as body is healing. I feel I am back to normal by week 3/4, as I had almost no bleeding. But each person might be different. I will walk around house each house which helps. Wish you best of luck and a good speedy recovery! Xx