Colposcopy today, gulp!

Hi everyone.  New on here but am already loving the site.  I'm 39 and off for a Colposcopy this afternoon. I already know that I have CIN 3 and HPV so am assuming that they will also do some form of treatment.  Am ok so far I think. Nervous but trying to stay positive. The week between getting my results and appointment letter last week seems to have been the longest of my life!!! Have been waffling on on a blog I've set up to record things which I hope one day might prove to be comforting for anyone else who gets a result of abnormal cells.  Have a look if you like and let me know what you think! https://champingatmybits.wordpress.com (I couldn't resist the 'bits' reference!!) Glad the day is finally here.  Anyone got any words of wisdom, reassurance or facts about what to expect? x

Hi, I don't have any experience with this but didn't want to read and run.

Good luck, hope all goes well.

Rachel x

Hi there, I'm probably too late and you've already gone for your appt, but I wanted to reassure you that a colposcopy really isn't any worse than having a smear. If you have to have treatment there and then, its not so nice, but its still manageable when you keep in mind that it could very well be saving your life.

I love your blog, I was laughing out loud at your support group texting you names, bet it was hard to keep a straight face! 

Best of luck to you today, let us know how you get on xx

Thank you so much for replying Rachel. Made me feel very supported. xx

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, particularly about my blog! I was a bit nervous when writing it so I'm glad it made you laugh. I think you deserve a prize as my first official readr!!!  The actual colposcopy was ok thanks, just like you said - like a smear. I found watching it on screen fascinating!  I looked away when they did the punch biopsies though. Bit sore today but in good spirits.