Colposcopy refferal

Hi,  Im new on here. I just wanted to ask for some advice really.

I have been experiencing some bleeding after I have sex. This has been happening every time for the last 6 weeks or so. Im 26 years old and about 8 years ago I had a similar problem which turned out to be an ectropion. I had this treated  with cold coagulation and was warned if I went back on the combined pill it could come back, I went back on the combined pill 6 years ago and switched to the mini pill a year ago. I went to the doctors about the bleeding expecting it to be an ectropion again. She gave me a pelvic exam and said she was unsure what was going on but my cervix looked very rough and she was not sure if there was a v v small ectropion or a fibroid or polyp starting to grow. She took some swabs(which have come back clear) but said she was unable to take a smear as they wouldnt process it as I had a clear one 2 years snd 2 months ago. She said she wanted to reffer me to colposcopy to check everything out. I couldnt help get the feeling she was concerned although she told me not to worry about it. I have since been looking on the internet and absolutely terrified myself!

I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever been referred to colposcopy this way and if its turned out to be anything serious? I realise most people are referred when they have an abnormal smear. I have been looking at information on fibroids and polyps and most sources say they occur in the 40s or 50s and those that have had children ( which I havent).

Mel x