COLPOSCOPY PROCEDURE TODAY

Hi 

just to inform and help people on here as it helped me, I have a smear when the results come through it was borderline changes with hpv positive, and they wanted to give me a colposcop, my appt arrived 2 days later and the actual colposcopy was 7 days later

had my colposcopy today and I have been feeling sick with worry for 10 days, anyway had the colposcopy today and the doctor who was fantastic said at worst she would do a punch biopsy if she needed to, once she started the colposcopy ( which I watched the whole time) she explained everything she was doing, when she applied the acid for the changes to become obvious, there was nothing no abnormal cells and she said everything Looked perfect, she then applied the iodine as a second check and again said everything looked exactly as it should, I couldn’t believe it, she said I’ll see you in 6 months and if everything is as it was today shell be discharging me from the clinic.

just to let everyone know, I know it’s worrying and I was the worst but please keep positive and wait for the colposcopy to see exactly what is going on, the doctor told me many things can make it appear you have abnormal cell change, she said the gp nurse could have been a bit rough and there may have been a small bit of blood on the sample giving the false reading, can I add this last smear was particularly painful compared to others I’ve had 

also the colposcopy did not hurt at All and wasn’t even uncomfortable 

I JUST HOPE THIS MESSAGE WILL HELP AT LEAST ONE OTHER WOMAN FEEL BETTER AND REASSURED 

1 Like