Colposcopy on Thursday.

No particular reason for this post really just that I'm nervous! Have my colposcopy booked in for Thursday after receiving a borderline smear and positive for high risk HPV. So chances of anthing being bad or needed treatment are low with only being a borderline smear result but I am so nervous! 

Is anyone due for a colp soon or just had one? And willing to join the horrid wait with a nervous me :) please? 

Heya I had my first colposcopy in April last year I had very borderline changes and HPV just like you, the guy that did the examination advised me to have another smear in a years time as the HPV virus can sort itself out

Earlier this month I had my follw up smear and the nurse thinks I may be experiencing cervical erosion as my cervix looked very pink and I bled during the examiantion so she has referred me back to colposcopy regadless of my smear results. 

I have my colposcopy date as 21st June and I am really hating this wait. I had a call from my doctors saying my smear results were inconclusive so hae to go back in August for another smear test. 

My first colposcopy wasn;t plesant to say the least but I also had 2 nurses in the room with me to distract me so it wasn't so bad :) 

I can sympathise with you about the wait, its so long and just feel like being in limbo at the moment lol :) 

I really hope I havent worried you even more but you have come to the right place with this forum :) 

Laura xx

Thank you for your reply, I'm not worried per say...... I'm just nervous. As I'm sure if there was anything else going on it would of been picked up on smear I was worried before the smear for a few reasons, but as it's only basically very minor it actually made me feel better the result is very mild basically, if that makes any sense. It's just the wait that makes everything feel more nervy. And people being 'down there' Is a nervy thing in the first place.

Hope everything goes ok for you at your colposcopy next month. That's a long wait, which yup makes everything worse! Maybe you could try nab a sooner appointment on a waiting list or something?

good luck! X

Hey, mine is weds so let's be nervous together! First smear at almost 35 due to symptoms and showed high grade severe dyskaryosis. Also my smear really really hurt so not looking forward to that! 

Hey Beccy. 

I feel a tad silly being nervous with such a mild abnormal result then there are people like yourself. I don't think I'd of coped with a result like that. Then again, you are generally seen quicker so less of a wait. I had my smear in March. So my mild result has grown arms & legs since! But it takes nothing away from the fact that Id be in bits with a result like yours. How you been holding up? 

I do too have abnormal sumptons but I also have PCOS so I imagine a lot can be put down to that!

Hope wedneaday goes ok for you. Hope it's not too painful for you! Are you morning or afternoon app? X

Thank you, it's at 10.00 am, I though I was feeling ok but lay awake last night and feel a bit anxious today. Just hope I don't have to wait too long before I hear either way! Don't feel silly it's not a nice thing to do, part of why I put mine off for so long! If you don't mind me asking what are your symptoms? x 

Hi I had mine a few weeks ago and it was ok a few biopsy were taking and send away, it didn't hurt at all but i was very embarrassed as my smear came back hpv so I it was all explained to me before they did anythin. I couldnt wait to have it over and done with, then I'd to wait 4 weeks for the result, best of luck x

Better with a morning app. I'm afternoon. I be nervy all day willing on the time. Hope all goes well! Please update? 

Thats the same with me, I was pretty ok about it, but in the wait I've thought over it and felt more and more nervous.

I have bleeding after sex, bleeding during periods (which sorry to be crude can range from browny to bright red) Periods lasting a very long time. Ie one before this one was 3 weeks. Painful periods. Pain in lower stomach/sides. Shooting type pains. Same as 'up there' I put it pretty similar to the pain when pregnan, shooty vagina pains. Lol. Discharge all through out the month. Painful sex, but not all the time And every time, same with tampon use. So a lot can be put down to PCOS. But it's never affected me this bad before. I also have a teeny bump which I felt once on the cervix. (explained in a previois post) but was never mentioned at smear so I'm however not particularly worried of that at all any more as I've read and seen that all are different and is like skin basically can get pimples lumps and bumps. I mentioned all but the lump at smear and nurse said to book and app for a colposcopy. I didn't, I just thought I'd wait for smear result. Which forwarded me for a colp anyway, I would of done if smear was okay though. How about you Symptoms wise. As I say mine could mostly be down to PCOS, but doesn't help the worry though! 

Hi mandy thanks for your reply. Mine too came back HPV and mild abnormality which is why been sent for colp. Was yours a high or low abnormality at smear. I'm hoping as I'm mild it will just be a quick look and all will be well and not need any biopsy. I can't wait for it to be done with either. Do you have your results yet? 

Good luck :) x

Better with a morning app. I'm afternoon. I be nervy all day willing on the time. Hope all goes well! Please update? 

Thats the same with me, I was pretty ok about it, but in the wait I've thought over it and felt more and more nervous.

I have bleeding after sex, bleeding during periods (which sorry to be crude can range from browny to bright red) Periods lasting a very long time. Ie one before this one was 3 weeks. Painful periods. Pain in lower stomach/sides. Shooting type pains. Same as 'up there' I put it pretty similar to the pain when pregnan, shooty vagina pains. Lol. Discharge all through out the month. Painful sex, but not all the time And every time, same with tampon use. So a lot can be put down to PCOS. But it's never affected me this bad before. I also have a teeny bump which I felt once on the cervix. (explained in a previois post) but was never mentioned at smear so I'm however not particularly worried of that at all any more as I've read and seen that all are different and is like skin basically can get pimples lumps and bumps. I mentioned all but the lump at smear and nurse said to book and app for a colposcopy. I didn't, I just thought I'd wait for smear result. Which forwarded me for a colp anyway, I would of done if smear was okay though. How about you Symptoms wise. As I say mine could mostly be down to PCOS, but doesn't help the worry though! 

Hi mandy thanks for your reply. Mine too came back HPV and mild abnormality which is why been sent for colp. Was yours a high or low abnormality at smear. I'm hoping as I'm mild it will just be a quick look and all will be well and not need any biopsy. I can't wait for it to be done with either. Do you have your results yet? 

Good luck :) x

Mine was after the colp came back high cin111 so I had the lletz done 2 weeks tomorrow now waiting on results of that was told will take 4 weeks, all I was told after smear was hpv 

Thank you for reply Mandy. How did you find the lletz? Manageable, within reason of course? 

Good luck with your results from it. Hopefully won't leave you waiting too long! X

I found it fine to be honest no problem at all had 3 locals as the area was big, no pain after either, the discharge a few days later was terrible colours of the rainbow still have it I've had it done 2 weeks today and my back the last few days is unbearable to be honest, living on pain killers can't do much, i know I'm praying the results will come soon but I've 2 more weeks to wait they said 4 weeks 

I will, I will let you know tomorrow how it went. Feeling pretty nervous right now! Xx 

Ohh glad it was ok for you. Sorry to hear your not having too much of a good time of it now. Hopefully that should pass soon. Good luck with your results! Hopefully it will be a case of no early news = a good sign. Fingers crossed for you x

Thanks a million and don't worry about the colopscopy it sounds worse then it is, just think of getting rid of all the bad cells before they turn worse let us know how u get on xxx

Hey, had mine this morning, it was painful but not unbearable. I had the lletz. He said I need to wait for 4 weeks for the biopsy results but wants me to go back to the gp as he thinks I will need scans. Hope yours goes ok tomorro. Xx