Colposcopy cancelled

Hi all,

I'm 27, nearly 28. I went to my GP a few months ago because I was having a little bit of bleeding after sex. They diagnosed me with cervical ectropion and told me to wait until my smear as it wasn't too far away. I had my smear in February and it came back as being low-level dyskaryosis with HPV positive. I was referred for a colposcopy for mid-April but because of Covid 19 it has been cancelled. I'm so anxious. I feel sick, I can't sleep and I'm having daily anxiety attacks. I can't afford to go privately. I completely understand why they've cancelled my appointment but I can't deal with the stress this is causing me. I know lots of people have said to me low-grade dyskaryosis shouldn't be anything to worry about, but my mental health is deteriorating rapidly while I wait to see when I can have another appointment. The bleeding I was having (I've been too scared to have sex with my partner for a while so don't know if it's still an issue) is causing me the most stress.

Please can someone offer me some advice? I honestly don't know what to do and can't take months of waiting.

Thanks

Hi ejyoung

Welcome to the forum, this must be such a difficult time for you! I know there'll be some other members along to welcome you shortly but I just wanted to let you know that our helpline is open tomorrow from 10am and you might find it really helpful to speak to one of our advisors who are all trained and are brilliant at lending a listening ear. The number is 08088028000. It might help to just chat things through.

Best wishes
Rebecca

Hi I know exactly how you feel.

I have HPV positive and low grade dyskarosis.   All colposcopies cancelled at my hospital and have no idea how long I will have to wait.

Last year it was normal so have changed in a year.  Worried if I have to wait too long it will get worse

Hi,

I'm also in the same boat pretty much. I had CIN2 last year and chose to watch and wait then a few weeks ago my biopsy came back CIN3 so have to have treatment but not sure when it'll go ahead :/

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your responses. It's just so overwhelming and there's nothing I can do about it, which I think is why I'm struggling so much! I pray we find out when our appointments are soon.