colposcopy again

Hi everyone, I really did not think I would be back on this site. However I am back. I had a colposcopy November 13 after have high grade dyskaryosis, CIN 3 treated and told all was clear.

I went for my 6 month smear test on 1st may 14, not having any worries at all about it coming back abnormal, feeling very confident infact. So you could imagine my shock at getting the fat envelope through my door 11 days later, stating I have low grade dyskaryosis and i will be booked in for yet another colposcopy, so you can imagine my bubble burst again.

I am feeling slightly confused as they stated they had treated all of it the last time. I really do not want to go back and have treatment again, as i know what to expect this time. Is there any other options out there for treatment rather than having a lltezs treatment.

Any advice would be greatly apprieciated, and has anyone else had a similar situation to mine?

all of my previous smears have come back normal.

Marlie

Smear  Test 08/10/13

Smear Results 14/10/13 High Grade Dyskaryosis

Colposcopy Lletz 05/11/13

Colposcopy Results 10/12/13 Cin 3, treated and all clear.

Follow up Smear 6 month - 01/05/14

Smear results 12/05/14 Low grade Dyskaryosis

Colposcopy Book 30/06/14

Hi Marlie

Sorry youve found yourself in this position again, the waiting and not knowing is awful. Youve come to the right place, also Macmillian is a great site.

In all honesty hun im not sure what alternitive treatment they can give you however i am sure they will give you the best treatment available for your cicumstances.  Im sorry i cant help more than that, the waiting and the worry is so hard, if your anything like me my mmind does tend to run away with me.

Have you got a date for your further colposcopy?

sending u big hugs hun

xx

Hi K3lly1981,

thank you for the support. my next colposcopy is 30th June. I did not have a great experience the last time, i left feeling slightly violated, the dr seem to just go through the motions, and i dont blame her its her day to day job. However i did not feel as if i was given any information on what they were doing or why, maybe i should have asked, but i just wanted to get it over and done with and get out of there as quick as possible. I was so shaken up by the whole experience, i really do not want to go back. I honestly thought my 6 month smear was just routine as they stated they had cleared it all the last time.

I am so tempted to bury my head in the sand, and hope it goes away. now i am sounding totally irrational.

You know they give a HPV vaccine to 13 year olds now, can i not have the vaccine?

xx

Hi, sorry you have to go back :-( If it is low grade they may just leave it to see if you clear it on your own but you musn't bury your head in the sand. If you leave it thats when it could develop into something worse. 

My advice would be to take someone with you to the appointment if you can, someone who is rational and can listen to what they say for you. It is sometimes hard to remember it clearly when you are nervous or scared. And make a list of questions, and ask them directly. They will give you honest answers.

I think you can pay for the HPV injection, but i would imagine you already have the infection and there isn't a vaccine once you are already infected. i don't think it is much use to us, but hopefully will help women in the future xx

Hi Marlie

As princessE said its a good idea to write your questions down, no wonder you wanted to get it over and done with. its not pleasant at all.

Hope it all goes ok hun - sending you big hugs xx

hi, thanks for the encouragment it eans alot. right i think i am getting my head around it now. mu hubby has said he will come with me this time, he will help me remeber the questions i have. it bloody hard being a women. :)

Smear  Test 08/10/13

Smear Results 14/10/13 High Grade Dyskaryosis

Colposcopy Lletz 05/11/13

Colposcopy Results 10/12/13 Cin 3, treated and all clear.

Follow up Smear 6 month - 01/05/14

Smear results 12/05/14 Low grade Dyskaryosis

Colposcopy Book 30/06/14

Good idea Hun, I found having my hubby there helped- he heard things I didn't, helped later when I kept thinking things lol

Take care Hun x