Colonoscopy accuracy...

has anyone heard of colonoscopy missing cancer?  

Ive had abnormal bleeding, strange discharge, watery discharge during sex, and brown discharge.  Some symptoms about 2 years... clean smears until this past August.  My last one detected Hpv.

i then had a colposcopy where 2 spots were seen and punch biopsies. Results came back negative for everything. Totally completely negative.

Since, about 8 weeks ago, Ive had 4 periods the first one lasting brown the day of the colposcopy until about a week after, then one 1 week later, one 3 weeks later with brown discharge lasting a week after, and this one 22 days later but brown discharge and blood tinged discharge a couple days prior. 

I am worried and don’t know what to do.  Could a punch biopsie have missed cancer?

thank you.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Hi Afund, 

I am sorry to hear of your worries. 

I am sure someone will get back to you soon, but in the meantime I wanted to let you know about our Ask the Expert service as you might find it beneficial. Ask the Expert is where you can submit your medical question that will answered by one of our medical panelists who have the expertise to respond. The service is completely confidential. https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/ask-expert. I hope you find it helpful.

With very best wishes,

Meghan