Cold Coagulation anyone?

Hi everyone!

I have just phoned the clinic after 6 and a half weeks of waiting for biopsy results! The receptionist said I have a follow up appointment for cold coagulation on the 18th February. She couldn’t tell me anymore than that as she isn’t medically trained.

Has anyone else had this? What can I expect?

Just so glad I know something now!

Charlene xx

I had cold coagulation treatment 27 yrs ago, it was a very quick procedure. I had local anaesthetic , not painful, just a wee bit uncomfortable  then the treatment was carried out. It took about 20mins. I felt fine afterwards, had a cup of tea & went home. All my smears have been clear since then. I hope this info is of help to u. Best wishes & good luck. X

Thank you so much for your reply! I have no idea what my results are only that this is my treatment! I will find out when the letter arrives. I am not so worried about it now - just want it done.

xx

I had cold coagulation about a month ago to treat an ectropian, it's not bad at all just uncomfortable with period like pains. I had biopsys taken at the same time which came back CIN 2 so im back on Monday for LLETz 

xx 

Thanks for your reply! I have already had biopsies taken so I'm guessing they are using it to treat something? I'll find out this week. Did you have loclike anaesthetic? I've heard some don't?

Charlene xx