Code used by pathologist

Hi all, ive been having abnormal cells since 2016. Had 3 lletz procedures in the past and now have been put on the waiting list for a hysterectomy. The colposcopist was unable to do another llezt due to me not having enough cervux left so opted for a smear instead. The results of the smear was reported as glandular neoplasia of endocervical type. Now i know both cgin and adenocarcinoma are both reported as that but the coding used by the pathologist is different. The code they have used is m81403 which suggests adenocarcinoma. Anxiety is through the roof.

1 Like

Hi @Lisa_Mc
I hope you see this! can I please ask what you found out about this i had an endocervical glandular neoplasia high Risk hpv 16 smear with the snomed code M81403 as you mention after looking it up the other night it’s been worrying me. I’ve had an endometrial punch biopsy that showed nothing, 1st lletz just hpv changes no precancer, fortunately was offered a second lletz still awaiting this result. So I have no idea where these cells have come from so far. I hope you’re doing well x