CIN2 at 19 - Scared!!!

Ok so im only 19, and I'm really hoping there's someone else on here that's my age that's experiencing something like this so I know I'm not the only one! :( In a very dark place at the moment.

So roughly september 2014, I started bleeding lightly after having sex with my boyfriend. In the beginning I thought it might only be a one time thing, but it continued and the bleeding just got worse. I finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors and was examinated there. I was told it was probably nothing to worry about but I would be referred to the colposcopy department.  The bleeding after sex continued.. And I went for my colposcopy. Whilst I was there, they performed a punch biopsy which was uncomfortable but not unbearable. 

I have just received my results from my biopsy and it's come back as CIN2 and I am booked in for LLETZ treatment next month. BUT... i healed fine after my biopsy with only very light bleeding.. But I am now bleeding heavily every day with huge clots as well! 

I am literally terrified that I have CIN2 at only 19, and hoping so much that when my results from LLETZ come back, that it isn't CC!!!! :(

Has anyone on here experienced similar bleeding?? What was the cause??? In a seriously dark place right now and worrying myself sick. 

Hi babes,

Well done for going to the docs- CIN 2 is not cancer! I’m 25 and this is really scary so I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed with severe dyskaryosis after my first smear, I’ve had colposcopy, LLETZ ( which is nothing to worry about) and a biopsy. Just waiting the results. I haven’t had any symptoms- which in itself is scary! Some people don’t. Have you double checked with your GP about the change in your bleeding? You need to go and speak to them if not- it is most probably unrelated. If you have just received the results of your biopsy, that show CIN2, then there wouldn’t be time for it have to developed into anything more sinister and CIN3 is the highest grade before they become cancerous. When you have the LLETZ procedure they will take away all of the abnormal cells and then take a biopsy to make sure that they have them all and that they aren’t any further into your cervix. the majority of the time the procedure is 100% successful.

It doesn’t matter what age you are when/ if precancerous cells are found. What’s important is that they are found, dealt with and chances are they won’t come back! I should take my own advice and STAY POSITIVE!

Do go and speak to someone about the change in your bleeds, and again well done for going to the docs when you realised there was something not right. My friend was 22 when she went with bleeding I between periods and was diagnosed with CIN 2. Unfortunately it appears to be pot luck!

Stay strong and keep talking to people- there’s loads of people on here able to give you advice much better than mine!!

xxx

Hello sweetheart :-)

I'm so sorry to hear you are in such a dark and scary place at such a young age, though I am not sure why the age for screening is set at 25, probably to save money. In fact it sounds as though you were quite lucky to be taken seriously, we have heard of other women being sent away until they have turned 25! Anyhow, just to say that everything Sam has said is perfect and we are all here for you if you need to chat. Looking after your health is really important and eating healthy foods is the best place to start.

Be lucky

Tivoli

Hi Sweetie,

Sorry to hear about you're results. Hang in there, it sounds like you're in very good hands. I would suggest contacting your GP about the bleeding, your recent treatment might not be healing quite right & too much bleeding runs the risk of anemia. 

Just check it out, but don't pantic about it.

x