CIN2 after deep cone biopsy

hi,

I'm a newbie. I had a deep cone biopsy in 2013 as my smear showed CIN3 and then biopsy showed high grade severe cells.

My follow up was clear,but my check up back in October (9 montha after op) showed CIN2. As they removed so much tissue before, they wanted to wait threemonths to see if it would regress. I returned on Tuesday and my Dr explained that I am a "strange case". The Dr said that I was discussed at a MDT meeting again and they want to start fresh with me as if I hadn't been previously treated and decide based on that. I asked throughout how it looked and she said that she could see the affected area. I mentioned that i could have another cone (as I read that you could), but she said there is little tissue there. I've got to wait up to 4 weeks as she said they will discuss my new biopsy again at the next MDT, but I'm just confused as to what options I would have?! If anyone has had this before then please advise as waiting 4 weeks (now 3.5) is just mad. I turnt 30 on Saturday 10th and this wasn't the greatest 30th gift three days later! Ha!!

Thanks you for reading!xx

Hi Joham,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you have to face this horrible wait, but 4 weeks is not so very long in the grand scheme of things. I am sorry also that it has arrived so close to your birthday, at least it was after the big day eh! I'm sorry also that I cannot offer you any useful advice so I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you.

Be lucky

Tivoli