CIN2 a e LLETZ

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I've come across it as I was trying to find some information about CIN2 and LLETZ. I'm 26 and I've had a smear test done every year since I was 20. The result always came back normal up to my last one. After my most recent smear test I have in fact received a letter saying I had high dyskariosis and had to go for a colposcopy. Two weeks later I had my colposcopy done and they decided to do a biopsy straight away. I got a letter today that unfortunately I have CIN2 and I need to go for LLETZ treatment next week. I'm so worried and I feel so alone right now. My family lives in another country and although I have my friends here I feel like I don't want to tell anyone and bore ither people with my problems. Im worried it's gonna be something serious, I know it's too early to say anything, but I just feel so overwhelmed right now. I feel silly because I started crying during my biopsy, it was more because I felt really violated, not because of the pain(it was not pleasant anyway). I hope you understand and sorry for the rant but I really needed to speak to let it all out. X 

Flyingdolly you do not need to apologise here for feeling like that, we have all been there or are right there with you!  It's perfectly natural to be anxious it's all so new, unexpected and frightening.  People will tell you not to worry but that's like asking you not to picture elephants on roller skates ... That's all you can see!  I've found the best thing to do is educate yourself on the process, you've come to the best place for that right here and to keep as busy as possible in order to distract yourself.  My house has never been so clean.  I'm sure the other ladies will be along to offer you support and lend a comforting word.  I am still waiting for my treatment so can't offer you any advice regarding that, but I can feel your emotions as they mirror my own while we ... Wait. chin-up chic and keep strong. Xx

Thank you need for life, you response cheered me up. I think the wait is horrendous especially when you don't have family around to keep you busy. Im trying to do a lot of things like exercising and yes, cleaning the house like you said, to at least try not to think about it for a few hours. The friend who came with me to the colposcopy said he will come again for the LLETZ but like you said he's tried to tell me not to worry, that it's very common, and that I will be okay. I just hate it when people act like they know better and they tell you there's nothing to worry about, but they've clearly not been in that situation and so it really unnerves me. Thank you for your support, I think this forum is great and it is much better to read other people's experiences than trying to google things and worry even more. 

take care. X

·          

Hi Flyingdolly, The biopsy has confirmed the grade so you don’t need to worry about it being anything too scary and the LLETZ treatment itself is manageable and is built up in our minds to be much more traumatic than it actually is….So please don’t worry about that. All you’ll need to do is squeeze your friends hand and take a deep breath and it’ll be over before you know it. It really is ok. I had LLETZ for CIN 2 at the end of Feb. My recovery took 4 weeks and although it feels never ending, you will get there and back to your normal self. Just remember how fortunate we are that the screening process can pick up on these small changes and prevent the cells from developing further!! Take care of yourself and keep positive xxx big hugs xxx

Hi VickyP, thank you so much for your support. I feel a bit more relieved now and I can't wait for it to be over and done with. 4weeks seem a long time but like you said we are really lucky things can be spotted early to avoid complications in the future. It's hard to stop my imagination wonder what the procedure will be like but I'm hoping it will be as straightforward as you said. Once again, thank you for your kind words. I will keep you updated on the results. Take care x 

Good morning lovely ladies, I promised I would update you. I've had my treatment Done yesterday, it wasn't that bad, I had local anaesthetic injected twice and I must admit that was the most painful bit. After that I couldnt feel anything else. The doctor was very professional and he explained everything before he did his job. I had two nurses who could not have been more lovely: very supportive and emphatetic, I felt looked after brilliantly and now I'm glad it's over. They gave me an information leaflet about what I should and shouldn't do for the next following weeks and the nurse phone number in case I had any doubts about anything. Now it should take about 4 weeks for the results and after that if it all went to plan I need to go for another smear test in November. Fingers crossed now. Thank you everyone for your support and I hope you have a lovely day x