Cin 2 sent letter for pre op and op but not told what for

hi all, i got back my colposcopy results last week stateing cin2 and it said it needs to be treated, I've now been sent a letter with an appointment for my pre op and a date for the Op! The only thing is is that in none of these letters does it say what treatment I will be having! I called the colposcopy clinic and the receptionist said she would get a nurse to call me back and explaine my results and what would be happening! It's been 3 days now and I've heard nothing! Should I be worried that they haven't told me what treatment I'm having or is it just a case of me going to the pre op and them explaining then? Little confused! Thanks in advance xxx

Hiya

CIN2 does need to be treated, as it doesnt usually go back to normal on its own, like CIN1 can sometimes do.

By the sounds of things, you will having a LLETZ under general anaesthetic (same as me), hence the pre-op. I'm kind of surprised that they didn't mention that it's likely to be under GA at the colposcopy. They do this for a number of reasons, such as needing to remove quite a large area, the area to be removed being in a hard-to-reach spot, or simply because the patient was very anxious at the colposcopy and they are not, as my lovely doctor put it, in the habit of traumatising people!

If I remember rightly from my pre-op, the details of what procedure you'll be having are on the form anyway, so if you havent had confirmation by then, the nurse doing the pre-op should be able to tell you.

Good luck!

x x

E

Thank you for the reply, I'm finding all this so confusing don't jo weather I should be worried or not! From reading other people's posts I did think it will more then likely be the lletz! X