Cin 2 not picked up at colposcopy?

<p><span style="background-2 abnormal apps promoted gp to send me for colposcopy these we're low grade! Colposcopy doctor said no abnormalities she could see but asked if she could do a biopsy just to make sure! I hesitated and spend ten minutes asking why it's necessary if she cannot see abnormal cells ? I relented and let her take one biopsy which has come back cin 2 with severe hsil ! My question is why did the gynaecologist not see the abnormal parts during the colposcopy? Do I have abnormalities higher up the cervical canal that are not visible to colposcopy? </span></p>

<p><span style="background-2 abnormal apps promoted gp to send me for colposcopy these we're low grade! Colposcopy doctor said no abnormalities she could see but asked if she could do a biopsy just to make sure! I hesitated and spend ten minutes asking why it's necessary if she cannot see abnormal cells ? I relented and let her take one biopsy which has come back cin 2 with severe hsil ! My question is why did the gynaecologist not see the abnormal parts during the colposcopy? Do I have abnormalities higher up the cervical canal that are not visible to colposcopy? </span></p>

Hi!! Just read your post and thought your situation sounded similar to mine. At my colposcopy appointment I was told the same, there didnt appear to ba any problems but she would take some biopsys to be on the safe side. I hac been referred for colposcopy because I had boderline changes and also HPV positive. I left feeling very reassured but have since received results saying I have Cin 2 and Cin 3 pre cancerous cells. Needless to say I was shocked and terrified. I am booked in for Lletz loop treatment in a couple of weeks time. Today I rang My doctor to discuss the results as I couldnt understand how these changes weren't picked up in my smear. Basically he said that sometimes the degree of changes can't be detected till a biopsy is taken but that even at cin 2 or 3 these are pre cancerous and easily treated. It's easy to say don't worry as I'm the biggest worrier going. I guess I just wanted u to know u r not on your own in this situation and just thank god they did pick up the cin 2 so u can be treated then put it behind u!. Xx

Thanks for your reply, glad to know I'm not the only one. I have an app to discuss treatment option on Thursday , so my letter says anyhow! I'm thinking of asking for more biopsies before treatment to see the actual extent of my cin as they only performed one biopsy at colposcopy because she said said there were no abnormal cells she could see etc I don't want to have a leep or cone if it's not absolutely necessary especially if it could be an incorrect result, my hsil was picked up at pap , but colposcopy Gyno said she couldn't see any abnormalities with the testing she did that's why I'm confused that the biopsy showed cin 2 when she could not see anything wrong under microscope etc I'll let you know how it goes :)

It is very confusing!! I was so shocked to get results of cin 3 following just boderline changes on my smear!. I am so nervous about having the lletz as I know they then send that off for more tests so I worry that could come back even worse!. Please do let me know how u get on and I will also keep u informed of my progress!. Best of luck Hun!! Xx

Yes the dreaded lletz or cone!!! Not looking forward to that and considering I live in hot climate it means the pool is a no go for weeks afterwards :( please do let me know how you go too!

Hey, spoke to nurse few weeks ago regarding results above turns out the Gyno did infact sight a lump on side of my cervix yet failed to mention it to me!!! Anyhow ladies I had the lletz today under a general, was not offered it under local(unsure why) but am in australia perhaps that’s how the Aussies do it?? Wasn’t as bad as I expected, I feel good some cramping but I did have mirena iud inserted after they performed the lletz ! Told to expect results in 10-14 days ( again Australia seems different to other countries in respects to result times! Fingers crossed it’s all been removed and nothing more sinister found !!