Cin 1,2,3 results

Hi, I’m just currently wait on the results from the ‘test of cure’. I’m just wondering why my results letter said nothing about ‘margins’ ? Can anyone help?

First smear - 10 February 2021.

Results - 18 March 2021- high grade dyskaryosis HPV positive.

Colposcopy - 1 April 2021 - lletz treatment for CIN3 CIN1.

Results - 24th April grade 1, 2 and 3 removed refered back to GP 6 month test of cure.

Test of cure - 6 October awaiting results.

1 Like

my biopsy came back cin 1,2 and 3 and i had lletz few weeks ago I’m still waiting on my results, i am guessing its clear margins if you don’t have to go until the 6 months smear because they would have called you back in sooner if they hadn’t got everything :crossed_fingers: wishing you good luck on your results :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi thank you for your reply, I got my results back and I still have HPV but no cell changes. They’re sending me for colposcopy just to make sure. I don’t know where this will take me in the future, I kind of feel like a ticking time bomb, just waiting to see when I’ll have changed again…

Don’t be disheartened, my doctor said it is quite common to still be hpv positive at the 6 month test of cure but that most people will be negative by 12 months. Good luck with it, x

2 Likes

Thank you, words of encouragement is exactly what I’m in need of right now. It really helps having people to talk to that know what your going through x