Chemoradiation

I hope you have a better reaction to the chemo than last time. Just think, after tomorrow you are 40% through your chemo treatment  x 

Hi Ladies, 

I am in my last chemo tomorrow and completely finish treatment on Friday 12th. I will have had 30 Radio & 6 Chemo in total, Bracytherapy isn't suitable for me unfortunatly as the first 20 Radio didn't make any diffrernce to the tumour so had the next 10 Radio on a focused area. 

Side effects have been debilitating at times I'm sorry to admit, Cystitis symptoms horrendous and reduced me to tears  but I seem to be opposite to everyone & have been constiptaed 24/7. Movicol, Fybrgel, Sennekot, you name it I've taken it but no relief so if anyone has any advice to help me get back on track so to speak, please shout out. I have been eating Prunes, soaked overnight & eaten on their own, just wanted to try something natural.  

Gemma-L  Sickness from chemo knocked me so I can sympathise with you completely. I changed my anti-sickness  tablets last week & was also given e-mends to take before my chemo on a Thurs then a tablet fri & sat, helped me massivly so might be an option for you : ) Good Luck for today (my chemo day too so will be thinking of you ) xx

Kumagill- I hope you get to start treatment soon. As you say the waiting is the worst & thoughts take over in your head but I know once you get started, although it will be tough, we all know that, a sense of 'kicking CC's arse' takes over and you will find something in you to get up everyday, get through the Radio & suffer the sickness of chemo. Good Luck honey for the start & I will keep my eye out for your progress & support you anyway I can xx 

Carmel121- You have helped me alot during my treatment probably without knowing it as I have followed your tips & advice that you have given to others on their posts. You have given me the strength to get through days when I could quite easily have thrown in the towel and sometimes I think you need to know that what you have gone through, suffered and had to endure to get where you are now is massive & does make a difference to someone so I thank you for being a strong woman who will not let this god awful diesease beat her or us!! xx

I have been told now that next step is a check up in 6wks with my Consultant then an MRI scan & final check up in 3 months!! I questioned at my review on Tues if any treatment (chemo or Radio) continued to work after Fri & was assured that it does not in fact continue to administer 'treatment' which was a blow as this was a little chink of light I was grabbing on to. I know I have read on here others that believe the same so sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I guess she knows more than me, I was gutted when she uttered those words. Any hope or chance of positivity needs to be grabbed with both hands......

I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that I now have to wait 3 months to find out if the treatment has worked & my Dr cannot promise me that this 2nd round of Chemoradiation will have even shrunk the tumour as the first failed : ( everything hangs in the balance.......

I hope the rest of your journeys are not too hard to travel and we continue to support & care for eachother. I will be keeping myself in the loop with you all while I try to get back to some normality & fill my 3 months wait.....

Sleep time ready for last chemo!!! then freedom Friday : ) 

Take care everyone xx

Hi designerflo.  I'm so sorry that your treatment has left you feel ill. Thankfully you only have 2 more days to go. There's definitely no chance of internal now? Hopefully the more targeted radio will fo the trick.  Am I right in thinking that you are in Manchester?  

Have you had any bowel movements at all?  I feel that mine was possibly not constipation as such but that my bottom was burnt or something from the radiotherapy and also I had piles. I had weetabix and increased my fibre intake.  I'm also thinking of starting back on my homemade veg smoothies but I'm waiting till after my braccy.  Mine has eased immensely.  I've been using vaseline now after every bowel movement as well as the pile cream I was given. I've had 3 loperimide toddy as I'm having my braccy and obviously can't go to the toilet. 

I was definitely told that the treatment continued to work for a time after administration.  May not add more but continued to work.  The radiotherapy continued to damage the cells and the chemo continued to eat away at it. I don't know how long for though. 

I sincerely hope your second lot of chemoradiation works, I expect we will have our results in May sometime (I'm telling my family June so they are not worrying at the time of the results. I'm hoping to suprise them with good news) 

Let's hope we both have good news z o hope you start to feel better soon x 

Hi Designerflo thank you so much for your kind words and offer of support it means alot to me. I am really sorry to here your first lot of treatment has not been affective like others i thought it continued to work after treatment. Designerflo i hope you get good news soon i sometimes wish the doctors wouldnt give us bad news until they are 100% certain. I was told my cancer had spread to my Bowel i was taken into hospital the next week and was taken to theatre for further tests the cancer hadnt spread to my Bowel. When i was first diagnosed i was told my Tumour was 2cm 2 weeks later it was 5.4cm and 1 week later i was told it was 6.2 at this rate i will be riddled with cancer by next week lol On Tuesday this week I had a PET Scan the nurse explained that they inject you with sugar after fasting the cancer cells will cling to the sugar as they are stronger than our normal cells. What that wee Nurse doesnt know I am a sugarholic once that sugar goes into my system my normal cells are going to fight their socks off to get some so when i get my results on Friday they will probably tell me im a walking Miracle.  I have decided the only way i will get through this with my sanity in tact is to believe 60% of what the doctors tell me. I will Be thinking about you please keep in touch so we can support each other lots of love xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies, 

Yeah I was under the impression that the treatment still carried on so I will go with the majority & take a positive from what you say : ) 

Philleepa- I'm having treatment at [Name  of hospital removed] Preston so travel daily. Am I right in thinking from past posts (can't quite remember with my mushed brain) that you went to your docs with symptoms months before diagnosis & was ignored as such? I went with terrible groin pain, intermittent bleeding & a feeling of something 'hanging' for about, May 2015 & had scans, biposy and was told calcified fibroid, polyp & given a hysterectomy in Oct 2015 so because of this I can't have the Bracytherapy because 1. Tumour hasn't shrunk enough 2. Treatment wouldn't reach the area needed as no uterus to place rods in, it would have been the tampon inserted for 14hrs but not deemed sufficent. I understand your frustration & anger completely and agree that when you are stronger both physically & emotionally that questions should be asked.

As to bowel movements, well I would say I 'go' sligtly, I call them my mini victories. I believe it is because of the Radiotherapy burning, I have been taking Movicol, Fybergyl, sennekot, I got some Lactulose Wed so trying that. Yes results May.....fingers, legs, eyes, everything physically possible to cross is crossed here. I hope your Bracytherapy goes smoothly & you don't have too much discomfort. Take care & I will make sure to check in on you xxx

Kumagill- I'm going with you on this 1  : ) believe 60% 

I can't understand how they can change the diagnosis that many times then carry on regardless, sometimes I think because they deal with cancer everyday that it is overlooked we have had the biggest bomb handed to us and they said 'hold that for 5 till the bomb disposal get here' 

You are going to be on 1 hell of a sugar ride!!!

Take care & keep posting xx

Hi Gemma Thinking about you and hoping your treatment is going well lots of love xxxx

Hi. Sorry, I've only just seen this. 

Yes I had started going to the Dr in either august or Dec 2014 with irregular bleeding. IM not sure which cos I had my first bleed on holiday in the august.  I do think I went and got told not to worry.  I went again when I had a MASSIVE  bleed in November 2014 and they sent me for a scan which showed fibroids so that was given as my explanation for bleeding.  What my gripe is was that the Dr tried to do a smear test in the Dec but because of the bleeding she couldn't.  I feel that she should have sent me to the gynaecologist on the strength of that. This was only picked up because I'd had enough of bleeding and wanted my 'fibroids ' sorting out. If I'd have left it to the Dr's I would still not know anything even now. All they wanted to do was give me tablets to stop the bleeding 

Just to add, I definitely think the treatment is still working as the last few days I have felt very tired but also my public hair is only just coming out now. In presuming that's dud to the external radiotherapy rather than internal x 

Have faith x