Chemo side effects..how long?

Morning everyone,

So Ive made it to week 5! Woohoo :partying_face:

Final chemo was yesterday and last radiotherapy is Friday. Just wondering if you could share with me how long you all had the chemo side effects for after treatment ended. I know everyone is different but just curious if it will be days/weeks/months.

This chemo tongue and metal taste it driving me insane hahah!

Thanks as always for any help!

Amy xxx

1 Like

Hi Amy, I am four weeks post treatment and I would say the chemo effects lasted for 2 weeks before my apetite came back and around the same for the radio runs to settle down. At four weeks I am almost back to normal but still a little funny with my beloved coffee! My bowels can still be a little unpredictable and I still have some discharge after the brachytherapy but my team say that is perfectly normal. It is not a bloody discharge. Hope this helps xxx

1 Like

Hi Snowbird,

Thank you so much thats great.

Glad your doing well, hopefully in few more weeks you can get back to the coffee. I havent had any hot drinks in weeks its awful isnt it haha xxx

Congrats Amy! What other after-effects are you experiencing? Are you very tired all the time? Xx

Hi Anam,

I have been quite lucky really. Ive only had this horrible taste in my mouth and really bad heartburn. I havent had the nausea or the runny tummy, well not yet anyway! Haha.

I tend to get tired towards the end of the week when the steroids have stopped. Sunday is usually my miserable day as i call it but im not sure if thats because of the steroids running out or menopause kicking in :rofl:

Xxx

1 Like