Changes to the Jo’s Forum - Date Change

Hello Everyone As you know, we’re always keen to take on board your feedback for improvements to all of our work, including our support services. The forum was last updated in 2005 and in the years since then those who use the service have asked for some improvements and changes. At the end of 2009 we ran a survey to find out exactly what you thought of the service and what improvements you felt would enhance the Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust Online Forum. We took into account your feedback and that of the moderator team and then spent some time researching how to put those changes in place. Therefore, we will be migrating the forum to a new software package, improving the look and feel of the board and adding new and relevant categories in line with your feedback. We will be carrying out the migration and changes in the next 6 – 8 weeks. For details of what will be happening, why and when, please visit our Q & A page here http://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/online-forum/forum-changes. If you have any further questions, please do contact me at Rebecca@jostrust.org.uk and I will be happy to go through things with you. Best wishes, Rebecca

I just want to say that I am so pleased these changes are going to happen, having different categories to the forum will be excellent :smiley:

Thanks Pepsidoodle, really pleased that this is something that people are happy about.
Do remember to register on Jo’s Voices if you want to get involved in any way, we’re still looking for volunteers for both feedback and as superusers :smiley:

Best wishes
Rebecca

Hi Everyone

We have now taken the decision to change the date of the forum migration to Monday 22nd October. We have decided to push the date back to do more time for testing being needed.

Testing has been going well with our development team and we are now ready for user testing. We’re really grateful for those of you who have kindly volunteered to help us with this stage and become super users. I’ll be contacting you shortly to let you know what you will need to do for us.

If you would like to get involved with this stage of the forum migration, there is still time to volunteer. Please just register with Jo’s Voices at the address above (if you haven’t already) and then email me at rebecca@jostrust.org.uk to let me know that you specifically would like to become a superuser. We just ask that you are reasonably comfortable with using the internet.

Thank you again for all your help and your understanding about the date move.

Best wishes
Rebecca