Changes between 3 and 6 month MRI?

Hi everyone, so the doctors found 1cm residual tumor on my 3 month MRI. Theyre now going to wait until my 6 month to make any further decisions, in case the radiation is still working. Did anyone else here have residual at 3 months and gone at 6 months? Thank you, as always! Xx

1 Like

I had the same at my 3 month. Just got the results from my 6 month MRI and the tumour marker hasn’t changed at all in size or shape. The MRI report suggests it may be a cyst, So I’m not freaking out just yet. I have a PET scan next week and will have my drs apt on the 20th to discuss results from both. Fingers crossed!

Hey @Elroo Ive been thinking of you and wondeing how your MRI results went as we also spoke on another chat. Great to hear that the tumor marker hasnt changed at all, sounds positive! Good luck with your PET scan, sending lots of positive vibes for it. Rather than another MRI at 6 months im now having a PET scan instead, that is now on 18th September. Keep me posted with how you get on, will keep everything crossed for you!!

1 Like

Hope youre feeling ok about this week @Elroo ! Sending nothing but positive vibes your way. Your appointment is the day after my birthday so a good week for sure :smiley: x

1 Like

Well, good news! I had my PET scan this morning, and my dr called me just now, because she was so excited to tell me that I’m totally clear! The MRI was a bit concerning, but absolutely nothing lit up in the PET, and she’s so happy with the results. Holy crap, it’s been a long month waiting for that news! (Also, happy early birthday and thank you so much for checking in, it means a lot!)

2 Likes

I was wondering how you were doing too since I’m in a similar boat. My 3-month PET still showed uptake, but my MRI was clear. So so so happy you’re in the clear!!! Celebrate!

2 Likes

@Elroo i am SO thrilled for you!! These 3 month scans can be do unnecessarily scary for so many people, waiting until 6 months feels like a much better plan to me! You must be over the moon. Enjoy this news :heart: . Truly, so happy for you.

1 Like

Are you waiting now for a few months before your next one @kittycat ? Thinking of you too!