Chances of cin2/3 returning

i first found out I had cin2/3 during a routine checkup during pregnancy I was quite young at 16 yrs old and had to wait until the baby was born before I could have treatment ... I ended up having a cone biopsy ... I'm now 34 and the last Pap smear has came back for low grade cervical changes and recommended I have them done yearly again I was having them every 2 years until this last Pap smear and now I'm absolutely crapping myself thinking it's coming back ..... I'm just wandering about people that have had cin2/3 before and if it came back ???

I think you might get more answers in the colposcopy section. This section is CERVICAL CANCER - Post Treatment

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Smiley,

Yes - CIN can come back but can be very easily treated. I have CIN III back in 2003 when I was 32 which was successfully treated with LLETZ.

My routine smear in November 2014 showed mild changes so I was asked to come back for another smear in 6 months. In May my smear showed changes that required a visit to colposcopy which I attended and had LLETZ treatment.

The result of the LLETZ showed that I had CIN III but that it had been completely removed with clear margins (yippee!).

It's important to remember that mild changes very often revert back to normal on their own. A healthy diet and lifestyle and absolutely no smoking will help. But also remember that if the changes do progress as mine did, it can be easily treated. Easier said than done but try not to stress yourself too much about this. It's good that your changes have been picked up and are being monitored regularly.

Wishing you all the best.

Peanut x 

Thanks just had another test today now have to wait a week for results ....