CGIN whirlwind

Hi, newbie here. So basically my journey has been a whirlwind so far. 

In short, smear in April, 4 weeks later letter stating abnormal and to be reffered for colposcopy. 3 days later letter arrived stating high grade CGIN and colposcopy was same day. After a brief chat with consultant, the colposcopy was performed and a LLETZ done under LA. 4 weeks later, on Monday I receive a phone call from the hospitals waiting list department stating they had a date for my surgery?!?! What surgery?! Following day (Tuesday) a letter arrived stating after a multi disciplinary hearing, and no clear margins they would do another LLETZ under GA on the Thursday!! No time to mentally prepare (or maybe that was a good thing!!) so now I'm in the waiting game again. 

So my question is, should I have spoken to my consultant since having the first colposcopy? It seems to just all be happening and I haven't really had a chance to discuss it with anyone! It's very frightening as I'm sure you'll all know!

Thanks for listening to me babble!!  Xxx

Hi, 

I’m sorry you’re having to go through this.

i think I would’ve wanted to speak to someone about all this and the reasons for it all. Just so I could get it straight in my mind and what may happen as a result etc. However it’s great that they’re moving really quickly with it all and hopefully this LLETZ will sort it all.

Can you call and ask to speak to the consultant at all?

I have a repeat LLETZ on Thursday too,although mine is under LA. I’ll be thinking of you.

xxx

Hi, sorry to hear you’re in the middle of the whirlwind at the moment. Hopefully the end is in sight for you now.

Your consultant really should have  met with you face to face rather than explaining it in a letter - where was your chance to ask questions etc? Go through risks? Shocking! Clearly different hospitals work in different ways.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a bit of hope - my first LLETZ for CGin also didn’t have clear margins. I had another LLETZ under local (ouch, be glad that you were asleep for the second one!) and this time got clear margins! There was only a tiny bit left after the first one but they can’t see how much is there so I’m glad he took a good chunk to be sure. My test of cure came back HPV negative, 16 month check also negative so I am now back on 3 yearly recall.

Hopefully it will be the same for you! Good luck and feel free to ask any questions xx

Thank you for your reply. So good to hear a positive story. The only things I seem to have come across are stories of hysterectomies with CGIN. I'm so lucky that I have 2 beautiful sons and our family is complete but hysterectomy just seems so drastic and final! I wouldn't rule it out but I think that's why I really need to speak to my consultant. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can have a meeting to have it all explained to me properly!! Xxx

I had lletz under GA this morning after having my colposcopy he said the area was too large to do under local. He stated today he doesn’t think he has got it all so I would be in again for lletz depending on the results. My diagnosis was Cin 3 and high grade cgin xx